+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA under PNP, Question re Statutory Declaration of Common-law

maybee

Aug 1, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm applying for PR under BC PNP, but have a common-law partner (not notarized whatsoever) since last June. Since I declared the situation in my forms, I'm required to provide Proof of Relationship and Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union.

So one of the fields asks for the From __ to __ dates of when we 'solemnly declare that we have cohabited in a conjugal relationship', what start/end date should I use?

I don't have any evidence that states we started common-law union on June 1. My partner changed his drivers licence address around August, but throughout the application I used June 1 as the beginning of our common-law (because we did move in together on June 1), any advice?

Also I'm not sure what to put in for end date. The day I submit my application?

Thank you!

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
maybee said:
Hey guys,

I'm applying for PR under BC PNP, but have a common-law partner (not notarized whatsoever) since last June. Since I declared the situation in my forms, I'm required to provide Proof of Relationship and Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union.

So one of the fields asks for the From __ to __ dates of when we 'solemnly declare that we have cohabited in a conjugal relationship', what start/end date should I use?

I don't have any evidence that states we started common-law union on June 1. My partner changed his drivers licence address around August, but throughout the application I used June 1 as the beginning of our common-law (because we did move in together on June 1), any advice?

Also I'm not sure what to put in for end date. The day I submit my application?

Thank you!
Why don't you drop a mail to cic regarding same and ask them what kind of documents they need and what you have. All the best, I must say u r in tricky situation

maybee

Aug 1, 2016
think0911 said:
Why don't you drop a mail to cic regarding same and ask them what kind of documents they need and what you have. All the best, I must say u r in tricky situation
I called them but they wouldn't help me "filling out my application" :(