Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Hello Everyone,

I received an ITA last Friday. We just discovered that my spouse erroneously indicated that he obtained a Canadian degree, rather than that he has an ECA. Will this be a problem cos we got points for his education.

Also, my spouse is considering not applying along with us (me and our children) because of this problem. Will this also affect our application since we indicated in the express entry profile that my husband will come with us?

What are my options, please?

Thanks for your anticipated replies

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
Hello Everyone,

I received an ITA last Friday. We just discovered that my spouse erroneously indicated that he obtained a Canadian degree, rather than that he has an ECA. Will this be a problem cos we got points for his education.

Also, my spouse is considering not applying along with us (me and our children) because of this problem. Will this also affect our application since we indicated in the express entry profile that my husband will come with us?

What are my options, please?

Thanks for your anticipated replies
Calculate how many points you would have gotten without the Canadian qualification and with the ECA. If your CRS score would have been less than 469 then it is best you reject the ITA, however if your CRS score would have been 469 or more then you should go ahead and apply.

It doesn't make any difference if your spouse is accompanying you or not as you'll still need to show proof of funds for all of you and he'll still need to do his medicals. I would advise him to accompany you because sponsoring him while you're there would be very tedious.

canadasunil

Mar 31, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with appl.
File Transfer...
17-07-2015
Med's Request
Submitted with appl.
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
Once you submit the form which you filled after you received your ITA and the Document Checklist provided to you, is it possible to change the details in the form?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadasunil said:
Once you submit the form which you filled after you received your ITA and the Document Checklist provided to you, is it possible to change the details in the form?
Yes but you can only change some details. I was able to edit some details such as education etc but wasn't able to edit personal info such as name, marital status etc.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Thanks for your responses and your note on sponsoring a spouse later. It is an eye opener.

I would get the same score of 471 with the ECA. However, I am concerned whether it will be seen as misrepresentation to say you were awarded Canadian certificate and then present an ECA. What do you think?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're getting the same score, it isn't a misrepresentation yet.

If the system allows you to change the education from Canadian to ECA, there is nothing to worry about because CIC wouldn't bother about that.

Even if you're unable to change it for some reason, you can still try submitting the application by attaching your spouse's ECA report along with a Letter of Explanation wherein you regret this unfortunate error at your end, highlight the fact that your CRS score doesn't change and the completeness of your application and request the VO to look at your case favorably.

All the best!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you're getting the same score, it isn't a misrepresentation yet.

If the system allows you to change the education from Canadian to ECA, there is nothing to worry about because CIC wouldn't bother about that.

Even if you're unable to change it for some reason, you can still try submitting the application by attaching your spouse's ECA report along with a Letter of Explanation wherein you regret this unfortunate error at your end, highlight the fact that your CRS score doesn't change and the completeness of your application and request the VO to look at your case favorably.

All the best!
I agree.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Thanks for your responses, everyone. I think I will give it a shot with crossed fingers :D

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad Anac,

I got ITA on June 27. I have doubt while filling online application in Personal History. They requested to fill personal history last ten years. For your information last ten years I am working and also studied distance education.

Is it required to mention both or Employment only?

Please advise. I belive they personal activities. Appreciated your support. Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naredont said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

I got ITA on June 27. I have doubt while filling online application in Personal History. They requested to fill personal history last ten years. For your information last ten years I am working and also studied distance education.

Is it required to mention both or Employment only?

Please advise. I belive they personal activities. Appreciated your support. Regards
Mention only employment. Mention any gaps in employment as Unemployed.

All the best!

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad Anac,

I go ITA on 27 June, I have few queries while filling application. Appreciated your support and advise, Please

1. Travel history is not enough to complete in the given blocks. How I will submit additional travel history. Same problem for my travel history.

2. WES given only latest three qualifications assessment report but not others. In Education history, Do I need to mention all qualification? If I mention all qualifications, Can I use same WES report number?

Appreciated your response and eagerly waiting..Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naredont said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

I go ITA on 27 June, I have few queries while filling application. Appreciated your support and advise, Please

1. Travel history is not enough to complete in the given blocks. How I will submit additional travel history. Same problem for my travel history.

Tough one. Clump work related travel together where possible. Clump EU travel together. If all that fails, write a mail to CIC asking for technical support. If you get no reply and are close to the 60th day, fill in whatever you can reverse chronologically starting from the present and add an LOE for the travels that couldn't be accommodated.

2. WES given only latest three qualifications assessment report but not others. In Education history, Do I need to mention all qualification? If I mention all qualifications, Can I use same WES report number?

You can mention just those 3 and stop with that. In the documents placeholder, upload the ECA report along with degree/diploma/certificate for each of those 3 credentials.

Appreciated your response and eagerly waiting..Thank you
I understand and appreciate your sense of urgency but try and not spam with the same question on all the threads! You will lose track of them faster than you imagine. And you can always PM me to get my attention. ;)

All the best!

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I understand and appreciate your sense of urgency but try and not spam with the same question on all the threads! You will lose track of them faster than you imagine. And you can always PM me to get my attention. ;)

All the best!
Thanks Asivad Anac . Apology for sent another threads. I have doubt. I will add three Qualifications in Education history which I received WES report.

Do you want me to upload another two Qualifications in Document place holder? I confused.

LOE, where can I include? Please advise. Thanks for your support.

+1 for you..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naredont said:
Thanks Asivad Anac . Apology for sent another threads. I have doubt. I will add three Qualifications in Education history which I received WES report.

Do you want me to upload another two Qualifications in Document place holder? I confused.

Combine your ECA report and the degree/diploma certificates for those 3 qualifications into multiple pages of a single pdf file and upload it where the system asks you to upload educational credentials.

LOE, where can I include? Please advise. Thanks for your support.

There is a separate placeholder for LOE. If I recall correctly, it appears right at the bottom of your personalized checklist.

+1 for you..