+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received , Pregnant , Medical checkup and a whole lot of questions.....

Ivedirs

Dec 1, 2017
Hi All,

I received my ITA but am am 7 weeks pregnant now . My Due date is around Christmas , probably Dec 24th .
I am planning to go for my medical checkup in July 2018 with my Husband and submit the application without doing X-Ray.

So once the baby is born, if i say update the application with X-Ray in Jan , Do any ofyou know when

1. They will process the application ?
  2. Lets say if they approve the application in March/Apr , Do we still have time until July to travel to Canada ?( 1 year after medical as my husband's medical would be July 2018 )
  3. What happens if approval is delayed and they approve after July next year ?

Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated. Mighty confused now

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi All,

I received my ITA but am am 7 weeks pregnant now . My Due date is around Christmas , probably Dec 24th .
I am planning to go for my medical checkup in July 2018 with my Husband and submit the application without doing X-Ray.

So once the baby is born, if i say update the application with X-Ray in Jan , Do any ofyou know when

1. They will process the application ?
--> The application will be on hold until Baby is born and you are able to take the medical. Once you complete X-Ray, they may issue you an ADR requesting for baby's docs. In our case, IRCC themselves initiated ADR one week after baby's expected due date asking us to submit fees, passport, birth certificate & medical for the baby. In our case, PPR was issued within 4 days of submitting baby's documents.
  1. Lets say if they approve the application in March/Apr , Do we still have time until July to travel to Canada ?( 1 year after medical as my husband's medical would be July 2018 )
--> This is a mystery for me as well. I haven't yet received the COPR and passports back from CPC-O. My passports are with CPC-O after PPR request and I'm awaiting the visa and passports to see till when I have to go for landing. I'm assuming the single entry PR visa will be issued till expiry of the medicals (1 yr from original completion date) and your husband will have to travel before the expiration date on the visa. Once we receive our passports back I can let you know what IRCC did in our case.

1. What happens if approval is delayed and they approve after July next year ?
--> It is highly unlikely that IRCC will delay the approval unless your case goes into extensive SS check. As evident by our case, IRCC was very proactive in tracking expected due date and then issuing PPR as soon as docs were submitted.

Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated. Mighty confused now