+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received- Doctor UK- NOC, work exp and medical queries

JD1985

Feb 18, 2024
Hi all,

I’m hoping get some help with a few queries regarding the PR application process. Me and my partner are General practitioner trainee’s (finishing this August) in the UK.

We’ve thankfully received our ITA this week in the healthcare draw. My main question is around the work experience letters that we need to provide and the matching NOC codes. The main application is under NOC 31102 (General practitioners and Family physicians) in which trainees/residents are included and I started this in August 2021 hence have 2.5 years experience and currently in the job.

Prior to this I also had a two year training programme in the UK (paid and 47.5hours a week) which is mandatory for all doctors in the UK. Now I’ve listed this down as 2 year experience under NOC 31101 in which the duties match but I’m not sure it’s completely correct.

1. I was thinking is it best to leave this on the application and include a work experience letter and LOE. If the NOC is rejected (2 years work exp) would they simply take off the points for these 2 years and if above the cut off for this draw the application would go ahead? Or do they reject the whole application if the secondary NOC is incorrect
  2. Shall I remove this two year work experience from my PR application? Would I be able to see if my points remain above the cut off prior to submitting (cut off is 422 and our CRS is 447). Would this be an issue if the there is a difference between the initial application and PR application?

Also with regards to the medical needed for the application. Is it correct that we now submit our PR application following ITA without a medical (upload a blank form) and following submission IRCC will let us know to book the medical?

Thanks for your help!