+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA question !

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
Hi
I got my ITA to apply for PR under FSW . On my profile I said "NO" for credentials evaluation. Now as per instructions I have to get my credentials evaluate However there is no way I can get this done and there is no one to take care of this in home country. Is there any Alternate for this ??
Also , I met all requirements to be eligible under CEC so why the F..am I being invited to apply under FSW ? Is anyone else out there sailing in the same boat ???
Please share ur thoughts on this.
Thank you

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did EE originally tell you that you were eligible for both? I read here about someone who got an FSW invitation when she was not eligible for it, and then CIC rescinded it, then sent her a CEC one. I think you should contact CIC if your EE profile said you were only CEC eligible and yet you got an FSW invitation.

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Further to above reply can you reduce the fund(in case you have entered)? Funding is the major element that separates CEC from FSW. By reducing the funding you will be ineligible for FSW and can apply under CEC. I hope it makes sense.

Good luck :)

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gud2all said:
Hi
I got my ITA to apply for PR under FSW . On my profile I said "NO" for credentials evaluation. Now as per instructions I have to get my credentials evaluate However there is no way I can get this done and there is no one to take care of this in home country. Is there any Alternate for this ??
Also , I met all requirements to be eligible under CEC so why the F..am I being invited to apply under FSW ? Is anyone else out there sailing in the same boat ???
Please share ur thoughts on this.
Thank you
Hi,

Assuming that you were eligible for both FSW and CEC, your ITA under FSW is valid.

For getting an ECA, refer to this website for the information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Personally, I got my ECA in about 2 weeks. I was required to fill forms online and only needed to fill a form at my university to submit the degrees and transcripts to WES by mail.
Maybe you can call your university and fax them a filled request form so you wouldn't have to be physically present there?

I used WES because they seemed to the fastest when I was researching about the different organisations that provide this service.

Here's there website: http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

Hope that answers your query.

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
Thanks for your response. So just to be clear on this
If I fill all required forms and fees and send a copy of my degree and transcripts to wes ..I should get my eca report in 15-20 days .Correct ?
And I dont have to get anything mail directly from my university to Wes ?
thanks

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gud2all said:
I do have a 2 yrs of Post Grad diploma from Canadian college
Hi,

Sorry, I just remembered I had to request my university to send those documents. I have corrected my post now.
But in my opinion, try calling your university. I'm sure they'd have some form or other that you might need to fill out and fax/email.

The point is, you don't have to be physically present in your home country just to submit a request to your university. Try talking to your university on the phone. My university charged about 20 USD for the service which I paid by credit card.
I'm sure you could meet a solution. And yes, it took about 15 days for the report.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
gud2all said:
It happened to me as well. I first received an ITA for FSW but I do not have the ECA or Canadian Education, so they rescinded my ITA (on Feb 20) for FSW and sent me an email saying that "We did do that for FSW.......blah..blah... However, based on the info you provided, you're eligible for CEC". Shortly, in 10 mins I received another ITA for CEC on the same day.

So don't worry and you will get the new ITA in 2-20 days and they give you new 60 days from date the you receive you receive the new/revised ITA. Also, do not decline this invitation. If you do so you might not get the revised ITA. Wish you good luck.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
gud2all said:
"If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp