IELTS Request
L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-7
Med's Request
20/01/2016
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
Since EE boast so much of having quick application processing times, can I request people who received ITA's in the first draw to please share their current status here.

I simply want to get an idea about what happens after a candidate has successfully submitted an ITA. More wait? How are people utilizing this time- focusing on Job search??

Till now we are only waiting for the next-to-be draws, but the wait after submitting ITA's should be equally exciting 8)

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
pranaEE2015 said:
Since EE boast so much of having quick application processing times, can I request people who received ITA's in the first draw to please share their current status here.

I simply want to get an idea about what happens after a candidate has successfully submitted an ITA. More wait? How are people utilizing this time- focusing on Job search??

Till now we are only waiting for the next-to-be draws, but the wait after submitting ITA's should be equally exciting 8)
Bump -- interested in this as well.

Then again I can imagine not many people would have an incentive to come back to the forum after submitting so karma points from me guaranteed for any reply!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thoreau911 said:
Bump -- interested in this as well.

Then again I can imagine not many people would have an incentive to come back to the forum after submitting so karma points from me guaranteed for any reply!
There are multiple threads for post ITA discussions on this forum and, for now, it appears that there really is no consensus on how CIC is treating different applicants and, not surprisingly, processing times have tended to differ depending on a lot of variables.

We have seen some absolute fast-trackers (1 lady in Jamaica got a PPR within a month of submission post ITA!) while there are people in this forum who belong to Jan 31st draw who are still waiting for their Medicals to go through.

All in all, a mixed bag for sure! But major learning points so far,

1. No news is usually good news - A lot depends on the Visa Officer/Office (No surprises here!)

2. Apparently getting Medicals done as close as possible to the date of submission helps.

3. Submitting wrong/incorrect documents is a huge gamble - sometimes leading to straightaway cancellation while other times to a document request.

4. Applying from within Canada seems to hasten the process.

5. A combination of MyCIC and ECAS status is a good indicator of progress as sometimes both of these independently have failed to update correctly.

All the best!

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
There are multiple threads for post ITA discussions on this forum and, for now, it appears that there really is no consensus on how CIC is treating different applicants and, not surprisingly, processing times have tended to vary depending on a lot of variables.

We have seen some absolute fats-trackers (1 lady in Jamaica got a PPR within a month of submission post ITA!) while there are people in this forum who belong to Jan 31st draw who are still waiting for their Medicals to go through.

All in all, a mixed bag for sure! But major learning points so far,

1. No news is usually good news - A lot depends on the Visa Officer/Office (No surprises here!)

2. Apparently getting Medicals done as close as possible to the date of submission helps.

3. Submitting wrong/incorrect documents is a huge gamble - sometimes leading to straightaway cancellation while other times to a document request.

4. Applying from within Canada seems to hasten the process.

5. A combination of MyCIC and ECAS status is a good indicator of progress as sometimes both of these independently have failed to update correctly.

All the best!
Thanks Asivad. So if you get your physical done ahead of time it's actually slower? Interesting!

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
In addition to that if VO requires additional documents then process slows down, unless you submit the documents same day as they requested.
This is generally the case if they ask for RCMP finger prints.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know it's an old thread

But wanted to know whats the current processing time like?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prads_s said:
I know it's an old thread

But wanted to know whats the current processing time like?
Any time from 2 - 8 months as per the copious threads about this very topic.

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
application In Process------20january 2017

Can anyone pls let me know how much time they are wasting if the application is with arranged employment letter with LMIA??

thanks

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
today i received a call from ontario. it was from can verification. He informed me that my visa is approved and just they want Proof of entry to be issued and the documents will reach to my passport mailing address in 20-25 days.
Is this call from CIC. can anyone please clear my doubt.???