+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA on 1st March 2017. Let's connect here

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hi-

I have some questions regarding "continuous" fulltime work under the NOC 4163 I am applying for and the work experience under different NOC (not claiming points for)

I have more than three years experience at two different employers under this NOC. However, there is a gap between the two employers as I took a study break of two years for masters.
My question- Will this be counted as a continuous employment under the NOC or not? Do I need to mention this in my LOE?

My other questions are related to work experience under different NOC (which I did not even mention on my EE profile)
1. Under which section of the application am I to list this experience- work history or personal details?
2. If I list this work experience under work history, will I get points for the years even though the NOC is different?
3. It might be difficult to get hold of the employers for the reference letter for these NOCs. Is it even worth to get the points as I already have 67+ points without these experiences

Thanks.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
riyahm said:
Hi-

I have some questions regarding "continuous" fulltime work under the NOC 4163 I am applying for and the work experience under different NOC (not claiming points for)

I have more than three years experience at two different employers under this NOC. However, there is a gap between the two employers as I took a study break of two years for masters.
My question- Will this be counted as a continuous employment under the NOC or not? Do I need to mention this in my LOE?

My other questions are related to work experience under different NOC (which I did not even mention on my EE profile)
1. Under which section of the application am I to list this experience- work history or personal details?
2. If I list this work experience under work history, will I get points for the years even though the NOC is different?
3. It might be difficult to get hold of the employers for the reference letter for these NOCs. Is it even worth to get the points as I already have 67+ points without these experiences

Thanks.
You have to mention time in between in your personal history. And I would say it should count but maybe others should speak up here too.

1. If you had taken sometime to read this thread you would have noticed that :
Work history - only your jobs you claim points for.
Personal history - other jobs.
It was mentioned 2 pages before.

2. You might get points if the jobs are NOC 0, A, B and you will have to provide documents.
3. It depends on you if it's worth it.

walter013

Mar 14, 2017
bhavcaluk said:
IME number is required for family sponsorship cases (recent change) and not for express entry worker immigration .
Thanks for the info, I guess this would only mean that I have to take the risk and ask for a upfront ME for working visa instead, since the medical centre insists that an UCI / IME number is REQUIRED and it is the only one in my city.

Thanks for the advise.

Just one thing though, if the bank cannot provide all the necessary details required by IRCC on proof of fund, shall I try to enclose as much bank statements / other details possible and support it with a Letter of Explanation? (Getting this idea from the forum, but welcome if anyone noted anything extra that can be done to better get pass this proof of fund requirement).

Besides, someone talked of uploading the ECA results together with the Diploma or Certificate. However I don't seem to see any of such requirement on the uploading page. Is this required or good to have?

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyahm said:
Hi-

Thanks.
1. Work details will go in work history + study plus work repeated in personal history.
2. yes, exp in different Noc is fine. But (I GUESS) you need to have 1 year of continuous work exp in past 10 years in one NOC code to qualify as long as you have it should be fine.
3. try to get letter, if you don't get it, attach refusal email and all the other proofs you can get, get a reference letter written from your colleague or Manager get it signed and notarized. Key is to prove genuineness of your work.

Hope it helps...!!!

jiya khan

Feb 28, 2017
I am in a delimma now my past organisation that i left 4 years back has refused to give me a detailed letter. Their juatification is that all formats are vetted by legal retainer and can only issue standardised fomat. I hv worked under 3 diff NOCs.

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Thank you for the detailed reply!!

I have questions regarding the proof of funds.

1. Do I need a summary letter with my account details from the bank + the statements (for last six months) stamped by my bank or only the summary letter is needed for Proof of Funds?
2. Due to long waiting time for FBI PCC, I may have to wait until the end of 90 day (end of May) to submit my application.
a. Should I wait to get the bank letters (sometime in May) or its ok if I get the letter now even though I will submit the application end of May? There is nothing mentioned on the CIC about this

Also, Should I submit my application now with LOE mentioning that FBI certificate is being processed and will be available in June.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S: I did try to find thread related to application submission without FBI certificate with LOE but there are two different opinions circulating about this. Would appreciate your thoughts! :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyahm said:
Thank you for the detailed reply!!

I have questions regarding the proof of funds.

1. Do I need a summary letter with my account details from the bank + the statements (for last six months) stamped by my bank or only the summary letter is needed for Proof of Funds?
2. Due to long waiting time for FBI PCC, I may have to wait until the end of 90 day (end of May) to submit my application.
a. Should I wait to get the bank letters (sometime in May) or its ok if I get the letter now even though I will submit the application end of May? There is nothing mentioned on the CIC about this

Also, Should I submit my application now with LOE mentioning that FBI certificate is being processed and will be available in June.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S: I did try to find thread related to application submission without FBI certificate with LOE but there are two different opinions circulating about this. Would appreciate your thoughts! :)
1 - Bank letter is sufficient if it has all the information requested by IRCC.
2 - Get the letter as close to submission date.
3 - You have to wait for your PCC.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Okay because a lot of people are confused about the proof of funds I went thru this forum and found this :

Canadian immigration, proof of funds requirements

As part of the permanent resident application process you will need to prove to the Canadian government that you have enough monitory funds to support yourself and any accompanying family members when you arrive in Canada. This is because the government will not provide any financial support for new immigrants and therefore they need to be sure that you arrive with enough money to establish yourself in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) set guidelines as to the required funds they consider you need as a minimum in order to establish yourself in Canada. The amount required depends on the size of your family. These amounts can vary from time to time, so you should check these figures at the point you need to use them.

At the time of your application you must show that you have at least the required amount in order for your application to be processed. The money has to belong to you and cannot be borrowed from another person. The money must be readily available in transferable currency for settlement in Canada.
Obviously you can take any amount above the required funds with you to Canada. There is no upper limit, although there are restrictions on how much cash you can physically take with you at the time of landing.

You may be wondering what type of funds you can use and what type of proof is required. Well, there are several things to consider:

Savings: If you have savings which match or exceed the required amount then you can simply supply a copy of your bank statement showing the funds in your account. You should be able to show the funds in your account for a minimum of three months and if the funds have recently been transferred you will need to show where they came from.

You will also need to show that you are not just sending a statement just after being paid and that all the funds will disappear from the account the following week. If your money is split between several accounts, you will need to provide details of each up to the amount required.

Shares, Bonds etc: This type of investment is not acceptable for CIC purposes as these are volatile accounts and you could still loose your money. If you want to use this type of funding, you will need to cash-in the money from the shares etc and deposit them in a suitable bank account and send the statements as above.

Possessions: Again this is not acceptable by CIC. you will need to liquidate the assets and deposit the money in a suitable account. This also applies to vehicles.

Real Estate: Money in property is probably the most widely used proof of funds. Many people plan to sell property owned in their home country before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish themselves.

This is totally acceptable by CIC and they appreciate that you may not have actually sold the property at the point you are required to supply this information and make allowances for this.

You will be allowed to supply a mortgage statement from your lender stating how much money is owed on the property. You should then get your property valued by three independent companies. These can be real estate agents, property valuation companies, your mortgage lender etc. Make sure you get the valuation on letter headed paper and signed.

If you send both the mortgage details and the valuations the CIC can see how much equity you have available.

N.B. You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Pawshi said:
434 and waiting for the golden email.
Your number of posts and CRS is same at this time. :)

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
How many of you have already submitted the application? I will probably submit by the end of March

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
prads_s said:
1. Work details will go in work history + study plus work repeated in personal history.
2. yes, exp in different Noc is fine. But (I GUESS) you need to have 1 year of continuous work exp in past 10 years in one NOC code to qualify as long as you have it should be fine.
3. try to get letter, if you don't get it, attach refusal email and all the other proofs you can get, get a reference letter written from your colleague or Manager get it signed and notarized. Key is to prove genuineness of your work.

Hope it helps...!!!
I worked with TCS for 3 years and resigned Feb 2016 and with 1 month notice period my last day was 8 March 2016.

During my notice period I requested my HR personnel to issue a roles and responsibilities letter which he denied .So I took on email that TCS does not issue any such letters. After being denied the letter , I requested a colleague/friend on email to mention my roles and responsibilities. He replied to my email mentioning RNR.

I already knew back in 2016 that I will be applying for EE once the CRS points drop and since I was leaving TCS, I wanted to get this letter as it becomes extremely difficult once you leave the organization.

Now I have 2 questions .

1. The email is dated FEB 2016. Will such an old email be fine?

2. The email was sent from my colleague TCS official ID to my TCS email ID. This makes it official or Any notarization needed??

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
comfortablynumb said:
I worked with TCS for 3 years and resigned Feb 2016 and with 1 month notice period my last day was 8 March 2016.

During my notice period I requested my HR personnel to issue a roles and responsibilities letter which he denied .So I took on email that TCS does not issue any such letters. After being denied the letter , I requested a colleague/friend on email to mention my roles and responsibilities. He replied to my email mentioning RNR.

I already knew back in 2016 that I will be applying for EE once the CRS points drop and since I was leaving TCS, I wanted to get this letter as it becomes extremely difficult once you leave the organization.

Now I have 2 questions .

1. The email is dated FEB 2016. Will such an old email be fine?

2. The email was sent from my colleague TCS official ID to my TCS email ID. This makes it official or Any notarization needed??

All is good. No autorization needed but it's my opinion so please other members speak up as I might be wrong.

uppal.happy

Jan 1, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
comfortablynumb said:
How many of you have already submitted the application? I will probably submit by the end of March
I submitted today. 20th March

Shirlz

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
03-06-2016 Upfront
Med's Request
20-03-2017 Upfront
comfortablynumb said:
I am planning to apply mine either today, the 20th or tomorrow 21st.
Gonna do my medical today and then that's it!! :D