+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA-Letter of Employement

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
Hi
I received an invitation to Apply under federal skilled worker category. I have questions related to Letter of Employment. All required documents from my current employer have been provided.

Do I need to attach Letter of Reference from my previous employers?

Also, I mentioned details of Temporary employment (in Canada) on Express Entry profile. these temporary jobs do not fall under NOC O, A or B category . I received necessary tax related document (T4) from temporary employment staffing agencies.

Do I need any kind of letter/reference for employment from any of these temporary staffing agencies?

Thank you

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Express Entry covers three of our key economic immigration programs:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
the Canadian Experience Class.

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

Which stream of these economic immigration programs (FSWP, FSTP, CEC or PNP) did you receive ITA?

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
as on my ITA i've been invited to apply under "FSW"

to apply for permanent residence under theFederal Skilled Workers (FSW)

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Do you have any previous experience in managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0), professional jobs (NOC skill type A), technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)?

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
I have 12 months of full time Canadian Experience under NOC B(2281)

i had to mention all my previous experience history on the EE profile , including any temporary employment .
my concern is do i need any kind of letter from from those temporary staffing agencies ?

i do have all paper work from current employer and offer/appointment letter from previous companies I've worked with (full time)

Thanks

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
I have a question regarding letter of employment for CIC.

I recently noticed that if the new manager in my workplace does not give me a letter of employment, I can get it from my own manager at the time, when I was working there.
Therefore, now, I want to add my canadian work experience to my express entry profile.

Now I have a few questions:

1. i have all the necessary documents from my workplace, T4s, NOAs, job offer including the duties on the letterhead, even, the letter accepting my leave for 1.5 month to visit my family, etc. but now the supervisor has changed and the new one does not give me an employment letter. But my own supervisor at the time, who left there after me, has agreed to give me a notorized letter of employment. Does CIC accept such a letter? I include a detailed affidavit as to why I cannot give the letter of employment on the company letterhead. Is that enough?

2. In case I get the points in the express entry system and come out of the pool with this 35 points for canadian work experience, what happens if they do not accept my letter of employment? Do they reject my PR application completely? What do they do? I mean I get extra points for this canadian work experience. And come out of the pool just because of this. What happens then???

3. Before creating the express entry profile, I took the eligibility assessment test and I was eligible. Therefore I could create my profile. But I said that I didn't have one year canadian work experience. But because I was eligible anyway, I could create my express entry profile. Now, do I have to take the test again and create the profile again, or I just add my canadian work exprience to the current profile?

Please help me if you know anything about these issues.