+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA:Has this person ever used any other name?

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi ,

Am in the process of filing the ITA form.

Facts:
Name in passport has : First Name+Second Name+Last Name (surname)

Name in WES Report ,Education docs , Employment Letters has : First Name+Second Name.......there is no Last Name (surname)

Query :

There is a question : "Has this person ever used any other name?"....and further options:

Birth
Nick Name/Alias
Name Before Marriage
Former Name.
Son/Daughter of
Other

Which Option should i chose and how to authenticate it?

Regards
JSPCAN

Reactions: Nobatia

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi ,

Am in the process of filing the ITA form.

Facts:
Name in passport has : First Name+Second Name+Last Name (surname)

Name in WES Report ,Education docs , Employment Letters has : First Name+Second Name.......there is no Last Name (surname)

Query :

There is a question : "Has this person ever used any other name?"....and further options:

Birth
Nick Name/Alias
Name Before Marriage
Former Name.
Son/Daughter of
Other

Which Option should i chose and how to authenticate it?

Regards
JSPCAN
If you Birth name i.e your first name (some people have middle name) is different from the one you're using now, then you have to select "Yes" and choose "Birth". For female if they change the last name after marriage then they need to select "Yes" and choose Name Before Marriage and enter their First Name and Surname (Fathers Name).

In India we usually go by first name and Surname Initial, and in the Passport we have Firstname and Surname. Tt does not mean that you have changed your name, the way the name displayed is different , for that you can get notarized "Same Name Affidavit" saying Firstname surname initial ( AAAAA X ) and Firstname Surname ( AAAAA XXXXX) are same person

Its my understanding, if someone feel that I am wrong or have any suggestion please feel free to comment.

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
If you Birth name i.e your first name (some people have middle name) is different from the one you're using now, then you have to select "Yes" and choose "Birth". For female if they change the last name after marriage then they need to select "Yes" and choose Name Before Marriage and enter their First Name and Surname (Fathers Name).

In India we usually go by first name and Surname Initial, and in the Passport we have Firstname and Surname. Tt does not mean that you have changed your name, the way the name displayed is different , for that you can get notarized "Same Name Affidavit" saying Firstname surname initial ( AAAAA X ) and Firstname Surname ( AAAAA XXXXX) are same person

Its my understanding, if someone feel that I am wrong or have any suggestion please feel free to comment.

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding the profile after recieving ITA.

1) My name in My degree and marksheet is Maan Singh
but in my passport its given as First Name : Maan Singh
Last Name : Sekhon

Do i have to select the field where it says "Have this person used any other name "

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi All,

I have few questions regarding the profile after recieving ITA.

1) My name in My degree and marksheet is Maan Singh
but in my passport its given as First Name : Maan Singh
Last Name : Sekhon

Do i have to select the field where it says "Have this person used any other name "

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
It only means if you had a maiden name or you changed your name.

Have the notarized affidavit that both names represent one and the same person!

Ajay1213

Dec 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

My wife's surname/family name was different before marriage. However her passport has new surname and she is not accompanying me for PR. Do i still need to provide an affidavit for name change ? How about marriage certificate , will that be sufficient ?

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
It only means if you had a maiden name or you changed your name.

Have the notarized affidavit that both names represent one and the same person!
In all my doc my name is X Y Z . It is only on my IT returns as I m self employed and 1 bank account I had X Y.....I just mentioned this in my LOE as it is no name change...ur case sounds similar to mine.,hope it clears ur doubt