+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Employment records question!

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi all,

We're trying to gather all our employment history for the ITA application however I'm getting really stuck as 3 companies I work for have now liquidated (not my fault!) and as some of these were over 15yrs ago I didn't keep the pay slips/paperwork either. Has anyone been in this situation before and can offer some advice?! I'm trying to get hold of old bank statements but no luck yet.

Thanks
D

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think you only need to put in the work exp you are claiming points for in the work history. Rest of the work history can go in the personal history section under 'employment' and no proof is needed for this section.

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Thanks for that. It's my partner's ITA that I'm included under, so not sure how much emphasis (points) they place on my employment history - how this affect his overall score. I could hit the 'recalculate points' button, but would hate to be taken off the ITA and placed back in the pool!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for that. It's my partner's ITA that I'm included under, so not sure how much emphasis (points) they place on my employment history - how this affect his overall score. I could hit the 'recalculate points' button, but would hate to be taken off the ITA and placed back in the pool!
None if you don't have canadian exp. You can move everything to personal history.