ITA Applicants 61st draw gather here

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dodozin said:
I have a question...

I did my profile Tuesday and got 426 points, should I be waiting for an ITA from today's draw?

In my CIC account I have:
Express Entry profile effective date May 3, 2017
Yep, should be good. Profile takes 24 hours to activate

joanatsf2014

Apr 8, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Just got my ITA one hour ago.

I mailed my fingerprints to FBI and they received them on April 27th. Learning to gather other documents together.

joanatsf2014

Apr 8, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
zhaff2004 said:
Also, in case anyone needs help, as i've been through this already:

Next up, you'll get the ITA which involves filling out a bunch of forms, very similar to the express entry profile. You'll also need to submit a bunch of documents (Medicals, work history, education, police clearance, proof of funds etc). If you're applying under CEC, just write a short letter stating that you're applying under CEC and are exempt from submitting bank statements etc.

You'll need originals, scanned in full colour as they won't accept copies, not even certified (at least to my knowledge). Once all your documents are submitted, you'll need to pay the fees, approximately CAD$1040 with about half going for processing the PR and the rest for the issuing of the PR. If you get declined, the half for issuing the PR is refunded. You are only required to pay the processing fee upfront, but you are able to pay the whole thing upfront, it does speed it up slightly as they won't need to ask you for the money later on.

You'll then submit the file and later on they'll ask for the English Language test results (you don't submit this upfront).

Once submitted, typically the only things that'll change are as follows:

Medicals will change to passed after a while.

Background check will change to In progress around the time the medicals are passed. Once it clears it goes to Not applicable. It is now that they send the file to your local visa office for further processing. Once the local visa office begins processing, they'll change it to In progress again (This is typically called IP2 on the forum). Once it changes to IP2, you can expect a final decision within 48 hours typically.

After that, you then get a request for your passport to be sent to your local visa office. If you want to send it somewhere else, there is an email address on that passport request form to request a visa office change. This process takes about ten days and cannot be initiated until after you have been requested to submit your passport for stamping.

Once that's done, you'll have a landing visa valid for however long your medical is valid for (1 year from date of performing medical) and you'll be expected to enter Canada by then.

Hope this info helps, if you have anything else you want help with, lemme know
Thank you so much. I appreciate the detailed instruction. Let's hope every one gets through the process smoothly.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
zhaff2004 said:

Next up, you'll get the ITA which involves filling out a bunch of forms, very similar to the express entry profile. You'll also need to submit a bunch of documents (Medicals, work history, education, police clearance, proof of funds etc). If you're applying under CEC, just write a short letter stating that you're applying under CEC and are exempt from submitting bank statements etc.

You'll need originals, scanned in full colour as they won't accept copies, not even certified (at least to my knowledge). Once all your documents are submitted, you'll need to pay the fees, approximately CAD$1040 with about half going for processing the PR and the rest for the issuing of the PR. If you get declined, the half for issuing the PR is refunded. You are only required to pay the processing fee upfront, but you are able to pay the whole thing upfront, it does speed it up slightly as they won't need to ask you for the money later on.

You'll then submit the file and later on they'll ask for the English Language test results (you don't submit this upfront).

Background check will change to In progress around the time the medicals are passed. Once it clears it goes to Not applicable. It is now that they send the file to your local visa office for further processing. Once the local visa office begins processing, they'll change it to In progress again (This is typically called IP2 on the forum). Once it changes to IP2, you can expect a final decision within 48 hours typically.

After that, you then get a request for your passport to be sent to your local visa office. If you want to send it somewhere else, there is an email address on that passport request form to request a visa office change. This process takes about ten days and cannot be initiated until after you have been requested to submit your passport for stamping.

Once that's done, you'll have a landing visa valid for however long your medical is valid for (1 year from date of performing medical) and you'll be expected to enter Canada by then.

+1 Nice explanation, thanks.

Rodipicus

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I've seen a few posts suggesting that we can submit the English Language Test results upfront along with the other docs in the education section. Can you please confirm? Will it reduce the processing time?

zhaff2004 said:

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Rodipicus said:
I've seen a few posts suggesting that we can submit the English Language Test results upfront along with the other docs in the education section. Can you please confirm? Will it reduce the processing time?
Yes most people do put ielts with Education proof. Might reduce.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
Yes most people do put ielts with Education proof. Might reduce.
Good idea, didn't even think about doing that. I'll make sure to do that when I get my invite.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
So I received my ITA a while back. Congratulations to everyone else who got it as well.

Also, ran into my first small problem. I worked for a company ABC from Oct 2012 to June 2015. Now the first year I worked on contract full time after which I was on their payroll. Since the company was a global MnC their employment certificate is standard.

I have it on company letterhead, dated and duly signed by the HR manager. Now here is the problem. The text states " This is to confirm Mr.ASG was an employee of ABC Corporation since Nov 1, 2013. He was working as a Business Consultant.

He was previously working with HRXX assigned to ABC Corporation on contract in the same role from Oct 2012 to Oct 2013"

I believe it has all the required documents etc. Need your opinion on this. CIC wouldnt have a problem with the letter stating I was on contract since it was the same position and company. Right?

Thank you in advance for your help.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salikgilani said:
So I received my ITA a while back. Congratulations to everyone else who got it as well.

Also, ran into my first small problem. I worked for a company ABC from Oct 2012 to June 2015. Now the first year I worked on contract full time after which I was on their payroll. Since the company was a global MnC their employment certificate is standard.

I have it on company letterhead, dated and duly signed by the HR manager. Now here is the problem. The text states " This is to confirm Mr.ASG was an employee of ABC Corporation since Nov 1, 2013. He was working as a Business Consultant.

He was previously working with HRXX assigned to ABC Corporation on contract in the same role from Oct 2012 to Oct 2013"

I believe it has all the required documents etc. Need your opinion on this. CIC wouldnt have a problem with the letter stating I was on contract since it was the same position and company. Right?

Thank you in advance for your help.
I was under the impression that any work experience has to be done within the last 36 months and that anything beyond that isn't relevant, or is that only for CEC?

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi everyone,

I just received my ITA an hour ago and am very excited. I've been waiting for some documents to arrive and then I will start the process.

Best of luck to all.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
zhaff2004 said:
I was under the impression that any work experience has to be done within the last 36 months and that anything beyond that isn't relevant, or is that only for CEC?
I read it up. All work experience which was continuous for more than a year at the same organization counts. For example, I havent worked since then because I am doing my masters, hence all work experience prior to my masters counts.