+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - accept or decline

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
guys my bro got an ITA on jan 4th his points were at 473, now his HR is giving him a hard time for the employer letter they r basically stating that he worked part time for 1st year when he actually worked 30 hrs or more each week for 11 n half months in his 1st yr for manager in training position n for the 2nd yr that wrote he was full time, he worked 15 months as a store manager since he claimed points for 2 yrs of cec, we r wondering should he write an explanation letter n attach the pay stubs or should he decline the ITA n wait for the nxt draw since points r getting reduced now. what do u guys suggest?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If he can't prove the work, it didn't happen.

If CIC were to call his employer, what would they say?

Best not to risk it - get the reference letter first and generate the profile based on that.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
kryt0n said:
If he can't prove the work, it didn't happen.

If CIC were to call his employer, what would they say?

Best not to risk it - get the reference letter first and generate the profile based on that.
thats exactly why i wrote should he jst upload the pay stubs along with an explanation letter and his T4 n notice of assessments to prove that he did work 30 hrs or more for the first yr, he has the letter already but they r debating if they can write the total no of hrs he worked in those 11 n half months or a total no of hrs per week. bcz the position itself is part time that y they wrote part time everything is ready to go except this. So should we jst take the letter that HR has provided n claim only 1 yr of cec work exp n that will reduce the points to 460 n wait for the nxt draw?

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
I was in the Situation stated here : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t473278.0.html

I was thinking of applying with LOE but then I declined my ITA yesterday and got an ITA again today. Now i can simple write a LOE asserting that i am eligible even with one year experience.
Your brother has no way to prove his two year work experience, but his score with one year experience score is high enough to get an ITA again (assume the next draw would be 447 or lower)

Its better to be safe than facing a rejection later

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
maria_786 said:
thats exactly why i wrote should he jst upload the pay stubs along with an explanation letter and his T4 n notice of assessments to prove that he did work 30 hrs or more for the first yr, he has the letter already but they r debating if they can write the total no of hrs he worked in those 11 n half months or a total no of hrs per week. bcz the position itself is part time that y they wrote part time everything is ready to go except this. So should we jst take the letter that HR has provided n claim only 1 yr of cec work exp n that will reduce the points to 460 n wait for the nxt draw?
Ok, please try and use punctuation. That was very difficult to read.

Again,if CIC call and speak to your employer will they say "yes, xxx worked 30 hours a week" or will they say "no, xxx worked part time". If it's the second, decline the ita and adjust the EE profile to reflect what your employer is willing to confirm.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
kryt0n said:
Ok, please try and use punctuation. That was very difficult to read.

Again,if CIC call and speak to your employer will they say "yes, xxx worked 30 hours a week" or will they say "no, xxx worked part time". If it's the second, decline the ita and adjust the EE profile to reflect what your employer is willing to confirm.
ok thanks

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
saina0830 said:
I was in the Situation stated here : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t473278.0.html

I was thinking of applying with LOE but then I declined my ITA yesterday and got an ITA again today. Now i can simple write a LOE asserting that i am eligible even with one year experience.
Your brother has no way to prove his two year work experience, but his score with one year experience score is high enough to get an ITA again (assume the next draw would be 447 or lower)

Its better to be safe than facing a rejection later
well he does have a way to prove with the pay stubs no? i think we will jst decline it wait for nxt draw

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
maria_786 said:
well he does have a way to prove with the pay stubs no? i think we will jst decline it wait for nxt draw
I guess but as kryt0n mentioned if they speak with employer, it might be a problem

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saina0830 said:
I guess but as kryt0n mentioned if they speak with employer, it might be a problem
If pay stub says it's 30 then it's 30 - which is full-time, case closed. They won't need the employer to confirm hours.

What's important for the employer to confirm is the list of duties/responsibilities.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
thejkhan said:
If pay stub says it's 30 then it's 30 - which is full-time, case closed. They won't need the employer to confirm hours.

What's important for the employer to confirm is the list of duties/responsibilities.
However if CIC do call, and they might, the employer may contradict the evidence. This could cause serious issues.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Will the number of hours matter or the word part time matter for CIC?

I believe just to avoid these confusions they have clearly defined the hours required to explain what qualifies for a full time and part time experience. Even if the employer says part time, as long as they say it 30 hours per week, it is perfectly acceptable. I am pretty sure they will insist on the hours worked if the employer merely says part time.

Check this link:

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Same for CEC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
However if CIC do call, and they might, the employer may contradict the evidence. This could cause serious issues.
DEEPCUR said:
Will the number of hours matter or the word part time matter for CIC?

I believe just to avoid these confusions they have clearly defined the hours required to explain what qualifies for a full time and part time experience. Even if the employer says part time, as long as they say it 30 hours per week, it is perfectly acceptable. I am pretty sure they will insist on the hours worked if the employer merely says part time.
What matters is number hours worked, not how the employer categorizes it (part or full time).

So if pay stub says it's 30, employer confirms hours but insists it's part-time - OP's bro will still be considered to have worked full time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maria_786 said:
guys my bro got an ITA on jan 4th his points were at 473, now his HR is giving him a hard time for the employer letter they r basically stating that he worked part time for 1st year when he actually worked 30 hrs or more each week for 11 n half months in his 1st yr for manager in training position n for the 2nd yr that wrote he was full time, he worked 15 months as a store manager since he claimed points for 2 yrs of cec, we r wondering should he write an explanation letter n attach the pay stubs or should he decline the ITA n wait for the nxt draw since points r getting reduced now. what do u guys suggest?
1) IRCC doesn't care whether the employer considers it "full time" or "part-time", only the hours worked per week. If he worked 30 or more hours per week, it is full-time; fewer than 30, it is part-time. The letter of reference should state the number of hours worked per week; if it does not, he needs to provide alternative documentation.

2) If he is paid an hourly wage, paystubs - if he has them all, and they list the # of hours worked per week - are a very good way to prove the # of hours worked per week.

It is more difficult if he is salaried; then he would need a copy of a contract etc. to prove the expectations about # of hours. And/or a letter from a colleague/co-worker...

3) he should provide the T4 and NOA regardless...

4) BTW even if he worked part-tiem (fewer than 30 hours per week) the experience still counts, it just has to be prorated (total # hours /30 = # FTE weeks).