+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA 85th Draw

yeg82316

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys let me what all documents we need to have after getting the invite.. I received the invite last night with crs score of 459..
Appreciate your help..
And I'm from india
You need to fill out the answer under your Permanent Residency Application, after you are done, you’ll get a “Document Checklist”.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi

How old can these docs be on the day of submission
- proof of funds
- police certificate
- medical

Are documents supposed to be in pdf format unless mentioned otherwise (e.g., photo)
1. not too old of course (Think a couple of weeks should be fine)
2. Police certificate - 6 months (assuming you haven't left the country even once after getting the PCC)
3. Medical - 1 year (get medical done right at the end, like maybe a day or so before so that you have a lot of time on your hand to plan and get to Canada as medicals expire a year after they are done)

Reactions: cookie.monster

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Quick question to all the seniors - I have to submit all documents prior to 13th June. If I submit all my documents earlier, does the case get expedited or do they process the documents and applications of all the 300 candidates who have received ITA together, after 13th June

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
1. not too old of course (Think a couple of weeks should be fine)
2. Police certificate - 6 months (assuming you haven't left the country even once after getting the PCC)
3. Medical - 1 year (get medical done right at the end, like maybe a day or so before so that you have a lot of time on your hand to plan and get to Canada as medicals expire a year after they are done)
Thanks zagcollins, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't mean how long until they expire. I mean how long before the submission of my application should I obtain them so that the officer would not think something has happened after that. For instance for PCC of my home country, if I obtain it early (say even a month before submission), I might have committed some crime during that one month. So goes with medical and proof of funds. So I was wondering what would be the optimum strategy (or order of getting them)?

Thanks

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks zagcollins, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't mean how long until they expire. I mean how long before the submission of my application should I obtain them so that the officer would not think something has happened after that. For instance for PCC of my home country, if I obtain it early (say even a month before submission), I might have committed some crime during that one month. So goes with medical and proof of funds. So I was wondering what would be the optimum strategy (or order of getting them)?

Thanks
naah, that's fine. Don't worry. You could have obtained PCC even five months before application. If IRCC suspect something, they will find out regardless. Don't worry.

PoF get it max a month before submission.

Medical do it right at the end. Get all documents in place and then do it.

ninjarider

Feb 22, 2018
Hi all...
I was uploading my documentation and u noticed there is no specific field for primary applicants birth certificate.
Should we be uploading under any other section?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all...
I was uploading my documentation and u noticed there is no specific field for primary applicants birth certificate.
Should we be uploading under any other section?
There's no placeholder because it is not a requirement.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi

How old can these docs be on the day of submission
- proof of funds
- police certificate
- medical

Are documents supposed to be in pdf format unless mentioned otherwise (e.g., photo)
Submit everything in PDF always, to be safe.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018

Thanks
There is no limit, as to how many months before you get the PCC from your country of origin. The only requirement is that the PCC should be after the last date of departure from your country. But, if it is your current country of residence, then you can get it anywhere within 6 months.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Thanks a lot AC_IND
Another question - My wife does not want to let her current company know that she is planning to immigrate. Hence she will ask for a job reference letter on the pretext of applying for a loan. The letter will say that "This letter is issued for the purpose of loan application." Do you think that it is a problem if the letter contains all the other details - tenure, salary, one line job description, designation, etc. etc. but also says that the letter is for loan application. Can I explain it in my LOE?
Hi, if you are the PA, then don't need to submit her reference letter. But, if she is the PA, then this letter is not valid.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi, if you are the PA, then don't need to submit her reference letter. But, if she is the PA, then this letter is not valid.
Hi santhkum90 - I am however getting CRS points for my wife's work experience. I also don't want to disclose to my current employer that I am looking to immigrate. I can get a bonafide letter which specifies my designation, my tenure, my role (to a very brief extent) but will not specify things such as number of hours of work per week, additional benefits. Do you think it will work? If not, do you know of other ways to establishing work experience. I do have my payslips, original appointment letter, annual appraisal letters etc.

pwnbhojwani

Nov 13, 2017
Guys,

I have received ITA in the draw held on March 14, 2018. Just outlining herein below the list of documents to be submitted, please confirm if missed out on anything for everyone's ready reference and clarity -

Link for full information - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html

1. Proof of funds -
Show bank accounts of principal applicant & spouse either held separately or jointly with the spouse (but the spouse should be moving to Canada along with the principal applicant).
Bank accounts held by someone who is not accompanying the applicants to Canada cannot be used.
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

2. Medical test -
Required for all people moving to Canada (including infants) - Indicative fees for adults is Rs. 4100/- & for infant is Rs. 1400/- per person in Mumbai
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

3. Work Experience Letters -
- To my understanding you need work experience letters for both principal applicant and spouse from your previous and current employers. The letter should clearly mention applicants current designation or designation at the time of leaving the job, joining date, leaving date, key responsibilities during the tenure and last drawn salary, etc.
- Some people have mentioned in some forums that spouse may not require to submit work experience letters if not claiming CRS points for their work experience (Not sure on this point though).
Link -

4. Police certificates -
- You need to submit police clearance certificates for every country, other than Canada, where you stayed for more than 6 months in a row.
- If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months.
- If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one.
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Guys, please confirm if the list of documents mentioned above is correct.

Thanks & Regards,

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018
Form 16a is mandatory for secondary applicant??
Also.. I joined with hewlett Packard .. it depends merged into Hewlett-Packard Enterprise..and again de merged and formed a new org as dxc.. technically I'm still with one company..can tell me whether I should get reference letter individually or from dxc is fine stating all the roles right from hp

Mar 14, 2018
Guys,

I have received ITA in the draw held on March 14, 2018. Just outlining herein below the list of documents to be submitted, please confirm if missed out on anything for everyone's ready reference and clarity -

Link for full information - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html

1. Proof of funds -
Show bank accounts of principal applicant & spouse either held separately or jointly with the spouse (but the spouse should be moving to Canada along with the principal applicant).
Bank accounts held by someone who is not accompanying the applicants to Canada cannot be used.
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

2. Medical test -
Required for all people moving to Canada (including infants) - Indicative fees for adults is Rs. 4100/- & for infant is Rs. 1400/- per person in Mumbai
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

3. Work Experience Letters -
- To my understanding you need work experience letters for both principal applicant and spouse from your previous and current employers. The letter should clearly mention applicants current designation or designation at the time of leaving the job, joining date, leaving date, key responsibilities during the tenure and last drawn salary, etc.
- Some people have mentioned in some forums that spouse may not require to submit work experience letters if not claiming CRS points for their work experience (Not sure on this point though).
Link -

4. Police certificates -
- You need to submit police clearance certificates for every country, other than Canada, where you stayed for more than 6 months in a row.
- If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months.
- If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one.
Link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Guys, please confirm if the list of documents mentioned above is correct.

Thanks & Regards,
Hi.. can provide me the link relating to form 16 a and pay slips.. I couldnt find it.. it will be of much help to me..