+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Workers

ilia

Nov 4, 2008
I am having trouble understanding the difference between Software Products Developer (NOC 9990.6) and Software Developer - Services (NOC 9990.5) and fitting my potential employee into an IT Worker job description.

Software Developer - Services "Applications" column doesn't match anything the job requires.

Software Products Developer "Languages" column doesn't have the language the job requires which is "Java".

So what exactly is meant by Application Developer?

Here's the job that my company is looking to fill:

Wanted: Junior Software Developer to work on wireless network management platform
Must have skills: Java 5+, Ant, Mysql, Linux
Nice to have: Struts 1, Jboss, Hibernate, Velocity, Log4J, Quartz, DWR, jFreeChart, XML-RPC, SNMP, SVN, familiarity with Linux build/debug tools, build/release experience, unit testing (jUnit), CruiseControl
Description:
Work closely within a small team to improve upon a solid product and make quantum leaps to take it past the competition.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think those are the real NOC codes. At http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/checkversion.aspx?lc=e&level=6&noccode=2174&code=2 NOC website, you see software developer as 2174

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I don't think those are the real NOC codes. At http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/checkversion.aspx?lc=e&level=6&noccode=2174&code=2 NOC website, you see software developer as 2174
They are synthetic codes to distinguish work permits to IT workers under the "pilot project" for the 7 jobs that don't require an LMO from the actual NOC codes.

PMM

ilia

Nov 4, 2008
I am back at trying to fill out the "Request for Labour Market Opinion Exemption" form.

If NOC 9990.6 is for the "pilot project", is it eligible for the LMO exemption request?

The company is in Ontario.

On a side note, I am considering hiring a representative to help me sort all this out. Should I bother or just continue trying to do this on my own?