+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

it returns just sent - impact on PR renewal

bumblebeee

Jan 26, 2011
Hi There,
I just sent my returns to CRA for 2013 & 2014 which I filed as a non-resident (As I was outside the country, accompanying my Canadian citizen husband)

I also just submitted my PR renewal docs.. I was wondering if the delay in review of the CRA tax returns is going to impact my PR renewal? I am looking to get it processed before the end of the year...

I didn't earn too much back in India during those years, so really didn't do anything illegal by holding back the tax filing. It was just a delay in getting to it.

Please advise. Thanks.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t think so it will delay in process of PR renewal as long as you have submitted all required documents and CRA takes time to go through all your returns thou.
It does not matter how much your earn as long as you are filling it on time and every year.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
bumblebeee said:
Hi There,
I just sent my returns to CRA for 2013 & 2014 which I filed as a non-resident (As I was outside the country, accompanying my Canadian citizen husband)

I also just submitted my PR renewal docs.. I was wondering if the delay in review of the CRA tax returns is going to impact my PR renewal? I am looking to get it processed before the end of the year...

I didn't earn too much back in India during those years, so really didn't do anything illegal by holding back the tax filing. It was just a delay in getting to it.

Please advise. Thanks.
Can you renew the PR card if you are not residing in Canada or still intending to live outsise Canada for indefinite time ? I heard that Cic will not renew the Pr card and you have to apply for PRTD everytime you want to visit Canada.

As a non-resident, if you file tax on your world income, is there any significance? How will it help ? You have anyways surrendered all the benefits before leaving Canada so if you have still not moved back permanently and you wont get any benefit then how paying taxes every year will help ?

Thank you in advance.

bumblebeee

Jan 26, 2011
Just so you know, I have been back in canada for the last two years, just had to file my 2013 and 2014 returns historically (As a non resident as I was away then)