+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Job Openings in Canada

amoso

Oct 15, 2012
Hello Rishab,
Very happy to read your post.
Please am from Nigeria and I need a job from Canada. I have good experience in IT. Can you send the CV format to me.

Thanks

amoso

Oct 15, 2012
Dear Rishab,

Please I will appreciate it if you can send the format of the CV to me through my mail address. amos_onabajo@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation

Gbenga

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
rishabshanker said:
Hi All,

I am a new immigrant and have landed here with a job by god's grace. I am an IT professional. In my attempt to help all new immigrants and future immigrants I am posting job postings which I receive in the mail.

As a thumb rule the following points may help you get a job soon, this is what I personally did and I found 2 jobs one as soon as I landed last year to complete my landing formalities and another recently which I have taken up.

1. Create a Canadian format CV - This is super important, most people from India and other asian counties have CVs which run into pages and also include a lot of unnecessary info such as Date of Birth, religion, father's name, marital status, name of school, college etc. Get rid of all these junk data from your CV. Here in Canada nobody is interested in these details, all they want to know is are you qualified to do the job? do you have relevant experience in a similar job? are you able to articulate your skills clearly on your CV? thats all. remember your CV is like a movie poster, looking at the poster you should want to watch the movie, if the poster itself is boring then there is a good chance nobody will watch the movie!!

2. If you are coming from the middle east then please please lower your expectations, the economy of the middle east is flush with oil money and companies there will often pay you a lot of money for jobs like administrative officer or secretarial jobs. In Canada and the real world such is not the case, I have worked in the middle east and have seen a lot of south asians and south east asians working in jobs like office assistant and making 3000-4000 US$, nowhere else in the world will a job like that be paid a salary like that. In Canada your salary is related to the skills the job requires and the availability of those skills in the market, so if you want to wok in a generic field then be prepared for a generic salary.

3. Survival jobs are ok but if they are also a trap, if you take a survival job then you will see money coming in to your hands and more often than not survival jobs squeeze a lot of work from you in the form of overtime etc, so at the end of the day you will hardly have the time or the energy to focus on your original job hunt in your chosen field. I know a guy who came to Canada took up a job as a waiter just to survive its been 7 years and he is still a waiter because he doesnt have time to look for another job , plus he is earning decent salary so he has become complacent, he is a accountant by profession, but now a full time waiter...not because of Canada...because of the choice he made

4. If you are in a profession which is regulated in Canada, please do enough and more research about your field of work and the requirements for certification etc before even buying your ticket to Canada. This is important because in some cases you may have to get strong reference from employers or educational institutions or governing bodies in your respective countries before even applying for credential assessment in Canada. There is no point in coming here in a big rush, then finding out you need 20 documents to be attested by your college/employer and then blaming Canada for not providing you opportunities. This country works on rules and principles, follow them and there is equal opportunity to all if you want to bypass or find a shortcut then in all probability you will simply lose your way!!

5. Brush up your skills in your field of work, there are a lot of people especially in the IT field who are doing a job just because they happened to get an opportunity in that field and then just continued there and learnt technology or technical skills on the job. In Canada even if you are an IT guy with 20 yrs experience you have to prove your knowledge and in this respect certifications like CCNA, MCSE, PMP, ITIL etc are extremely helpful, because these are issued by global organizations and go a long way in establishing your credibility.

6. Networking is super super important. Both the jobs that I got in Canada, I got them through linked in, by building professional contacts. I must have applied for close to 200 jobs before I came here, but the fact that I was not physically available for interviews in Canada plus the fact that I had not worked for any Canadian company made it really really tough for me to land a job, so what I id is I modified my CV. I have worked for MNC companies like IBM and HP, so in my CV I just mentioned as IBM and HP without mentioning locations (india), this way I was able to get the attention of the person going through my CV, which means he was curious to meet me, a person who has worked for IBM or HP and then it was upto me. This small trick helped me get an opportunity to atleast interview for the job, after that it was upto me to impress the potential employer!!

7. Never apply for more than one job in the same company. Though there maybe more than one suitable job, please choose the best one and apply for it. I know that we all would like to increase our chances, but by applying for more than one job in the same company what we are communicating is that we are desperate for a job and that we really dont know which job we want an also that we are ready to take anything thrown our way. This really gives a negative impression, so try not to do it.

8. Communication is extremely important. I mean your English language skills, I am not saying you should speak English with a perfect accent or you should know the queen's English. You should be able to communicate your thoughts clearly and without any mother tongue influence. when you apply for a job and give a phone interview, you are nothing but a voice on the other end, and if that voice is not clear and understandable, then the person interviewing my lose interest or get frustrated and you will end up losing an opportunity. For your own sake, polish your communication skills. speak slowly without any accent that's all that is required, try not to use fillers like "you know", "like", "I mean", etc. when you use a phrase too many times while speaking the other person unconsciously starts paying attention only to that phrase, you can check this for yourself, speak to somebody who uses such fillers often and you will see how much of the conversation you actually paid attention to. :) this by the way is a clinically proven fact!!

Please contact he links/email/contact numbers in the ads directly. I dont know any of these people, I am just posting whatever I can find.

All the Best & God Bless
Cheers,
Rishab
Hello Rishab,

Thanks for your post and updates. Please I sent you a PM. I also need you to send me the CV format to my email add in my PM.

Thanks a lot.

minturi5

Jun 16, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Dear Rishabshanker,
Thank you for your valuable info and your positive approach towards Canadian Immigration.
I am an Automation Engineer by profession and did my first entry procedures last week in Toronto.
I am currently working in Middle East and my permanent move to Canada planned in May 2013. Please share your Canadian CV format to me at
psureshbabu123 @ gmail.com

Thank you once again.

makensin

Oct 27, 2012
Hi Rishab,
I really appreciate thr useful information you posted here. Pls i would appreciate if you can send me a sample of your cv so i can prepare mine in the same pattern . Thanks. My email address is makindeolojede @yahoo .com

Vedh

Nov 5, 2012
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
Doc's Request.
PER Received: 28-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Passport Req..
24-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Status: 15-02-2014
Hi Rishab,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I am very much sure that these inputs will help us lot in keeping our morale up in finding a job in Canada.
To brief abt myself, I am a Techncial Writer working with TCS India with 6 yrs of experience. How soon can tech writers get a job in Canada once they have their PR. Also, can you please me your Canadian resume.

Thanks

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Hi rishab, pls send also to pricelessman20@gmail.com.

Thanks and keep up the good work..

Dav1d0

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rishabshanker said:
@ dsqboy....I sent a copy of my CV to your mail ID, please check

@ Maverickjay and msaleem.....I cant see your email IDs in your profile, please PM me your mail IDs and I will send you also a copy of my CV for your reference.

All the Best & God Bless
Cheers,
Rishab
Hi Rishab

Can i also get a copy of your Sample CV as myself and wife arrive in canada in winter 2013. my email is turbostradamus@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

onmywayhome

Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Oct 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 1st 2012
Hi Rishad, it is a very nice thing you are doing here on this thread! If you have time and don't mind, could you send a copy of your CV to york1_corey@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Nov 20, 2012
Hi Rishab

I am B.Tech.(Computer Science) and i have 2.5 years of work exp. in PHP/Mysql.
Can i get a job in Canada?

Plz send me your CV format to php.dev1987@gmail.com

sss13

Nov 21, 2012
Hello Rishab,

Thanks for sharing your experience and practices to explore opportunities in canada. I have just now started my search and want to make my CV as per your suggestions, could you please send me a sample CV @ tosumitsharma@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sumit

dd1989

Nov 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rishab,

I am very much happy to see you guiding forum members. I am an international graduate from IT background in Canada and also planning to apply for field job .

Can you send me the CV so that I can refer it and modify mine as per Canadian format?

My Email address is : darshan.available@gmail.com

Thanks. Appreciated.