None
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dm Ecas 9 nov
LANDED..........
FY2013
Helo ,

Is it possible to get any internships in our profession for a few months to gain canada experiences till. we get a job

Jojiao.

hsbalouch said:
bang on target, there are lot of agencies in GTA who will claim to help you find a job and waste your time
after landing I visited an employment center thinking they will provide me a job but instead she booked me for a series of useless seminars and training sessions which had nothing to do with my profession, the catch is, they will take your SIN and other important details and then receive money from the government claiming that you are getting trained by them. how clever!!!
I saw lot of newcomers were there pretty excited about getting a job little they know that it is a trap to get money from govt on their account!!!
Last month, in downtown Toronto I visited a job fair and encountered same sort of situation when the representative of a well known employment agency assured me of getting a job in IT but just after sitting in one of there so called training programs which again had nothing to do with IT, she claimed that I will be hired on the spot after completing the course and that employers will visit the facility, I assure you that there is nothing like that, stay away from them, OP has mentioned some very useful hints, I totally agree with him-- most important thing is networking, research and determination. Canada is a wonderful place for sure but for those who doesn't lose hope

if someone is looking for a survival job until they find a job in their own profession there is no harm in it its better then wasting your energy and time and of course we all need money,
I would like to mention some of the employment agencies who can get you some warehouse jobs, I worked for them for almost 7 months until I got job in my own profession in a reputable US based company, only thing I did was kept on applying for the job I thought I was suitable for....

here are the agencies ( they can provide you temporary work which can lead to full time)

Kelly Services
Apple ONE
Altis human resource
Quantum
Randstand

these are just a few names who can land you a temporary job quickly if you need more info Google is our best friend!!!

S

sallamdas

Can you please send me canadian resume format on this id
Sallamdas@gmail.com
Thank you

jojiao

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London chc
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-09-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-1-2012
IELTS Request
Initial application Document
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
8-9-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dm Ecas 9 nov
LANDED..........
FY2013
Give ma a copy of Canadian cv format got me also.so that I can also prepare.

Jojiao

sallamdas said:
Can you please send me canadian resume format on this id
Sallamdas @ gmail.com
Thank you

busybee

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Rishab,

I am a new member. After an hour search i found your posting on IT job openings in canada and your experience in searching a job in canada.
I find it really helpful for me .

Can you pls share your canadian format CV to me. My email id is ragav1802 @ gmail.com.

To all,
I am a embedded software engineer having 10 years of experience in my field. How about job openings in my field. Is there any one from this blog working on this field. If so pls share your experience.

Do i need to get license from authorized organizations in canada to work there?

jojiao

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London chc
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-09-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-1-2012
IELTS Request
Initial application Document
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
8-9-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dm Ecas 9 nov
LANDED..........
FY2013
my email is stanleybaby1982@gmail.com

Please give me a copy of canadian formatted resume to me also.

Jojiao

busybee said:
Hi Rishab,

I am a new member. After an hour search i found your posting on IT job openings in canada and your experience in searching a job in canada.
I find it really helpful for me .

Can you pls share your canadian format CV to me. My email id is ragav1802 @ gmail.com.

To all,
I am a embedded software engineer having 10 years of experience in my field. How about job openings in my field. Is there any one from this blog working on this field. If so pls share your experience.

Do i need to get license from authorized organizations in canada to work there?

Jan 12, 2013
Hi Rishab

can u please send me your canadian CV format myemail: geloson2002@yahoo.com. Iam on the process of relocating to Alberta by end of july this year. Though im not anIT professional still the CV format will help me a lot.

Thank you very much

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi Guys,
I just saw the resume gneration tool from this forum.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canadavisa-resume-builder.html

Just register for free, fill in the data it asks for and it will generate the resume for you.
You can then edit it with additional details if you want to.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

Darshan.vyas

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rishab,

Thanks for the all information given by you , it will help me a lot ,can you pls Send me your Canadian Style resume on my mail id
vyas.darshan2052@gmail.com

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
2 months after landing here in Montreal, I already got myself a job. Thanks for the inspiring posts here. I started applying around 3rd week of December. After several interviews with different companies, I finally got me an offer which I accepted today. The problem here in Montreal is they are looking for someone proficient in French. Luckily, I got hired despite this and they even added private French lessons on my benefit package.

Good luck to everyone and may you find the job that you are looking for. Keep trying and never ever quit.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
iamelle said:
2 months after landing here in Montreal, I already got myself a job. Thanks for the inspiring posts here. I started applying around 3rd week of December. After several interviews with different companies, I finally got me an offer which I accepted today. The problem here in Montreal is they are looking for someone proficient in French. Luckily, I got hired despite this and they even added private French lessons on my benefit package.

Good luck to everyone and may you find the job that you are looking for. Keep trying and never ever quit.
Congratulatiosn buddy !!!

optimist80

Feb 7, 2013
Dear Members,
I have been a silent observer of this forum for a year now. Just recently i received my visas and COPR and will be moving to GTA at the end of March hopefully. I was hoping to get some guidance on job prospects for IT project managers and/or business analysts. I have an Information Systems degree from the US and about ten years of experience. My last role was as a Solution Architect for reputable bank in the UAE.

I would really appreciate any guidance/leads I could get from the veterans here!

:) :)

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
sharat_joshi77 said:
Congratulatiosn buddy !!!
Thank you!

optimist80 said:
Dear Members,
I have been a silent observer of this forum for a year now. Just recently i received my visas and COPR and will be moving to GTA at the end of March hopefully. I was hoping to get some guidance on job prospects for IT project managers and/or business analysts. I have an Information Systems degree from the US and about ten years of experience. My last role was as a Solution Architect for reputable bank in the UAE.

I would really appreciate any guidance/leads I could get from the veterans here!

:) :)
Visit job sites like Wowjobs.ca, Simplyhired.ca, Monster.ca, Indeed.ca. Send your resume to consulting and recruitment companies and post your resume on these job sites. Also, when you apply, create a good cover letter and always indicate there when you are arriving and that you are eligible to accept employment in Canada. Because if you don't they might think that you don't have the required eligibility and that you need sponsorship.

Best of luck to you!

optimist80

Feb 7, 2013
iamelle said:
Thank you!

Visit job sites like Wowjobs.ca, Simplyhired.ca, Monster.ca, Indeed.ca. Send your resume to consulting and recruitment companies and post your resume on these job sites. Also, when you apply, create a good cover letter and always indicate there when you are arriving and that you are eligible to accept employment in Canada. Because if you don't they might think that you don't have the required eligibility and that you need sponsorship.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks for your guidance iamelle. Really appreciate it!

vgkrishnan

Feb 13, 2013
Hello Rishab ,
Your article is really awesome for the peoples are looking for canadian immigration. Hats off...
Can you please provide me a draft copy of canadian CV it would be fine it is EXP.IT CV.
expecting your reply .

Thanks in advance,
Gopalakrishan
gopalmsc@gmail.com

wendigo7

Feb 16, 2013
Hi Rishab,

Me and my wife are planning to live permanently in Canada but the problem is that we are unable to find a job offer and my wife is having doubts that if we apply for an immigrant visa it will be rejected. Here are her 2 reasons;
1. If she applies as the primary applicant her degree and work experience doesn't match. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Major in Hotel and Restaurant Management but her work experience is mainly in IT specifically in a Helpdesk environment. (She has a total of almost 12 year in this line of work. 8 years as an agent and almost 4 years of being a team lead) Currently she is working as an IT supervisor/manager for a local mall.
2. If I apply as the primary applicant, I don't have a degree to show since I am an undergrad student of Computer Engineering. I do have a lot of trainings that I attended which actually could say boost my credentials as an IT personnel. Other than that, some of the companies I worked for are prime employers, like Apple and Singapore Airlines.

I tried to convince her to apply since I heard a lot from friends that Canada looks at your work experience rather than your education but she is still unconvinced.

Here are some of our details:

Dependents: 1
Relatives in Canada: Mine (0) Wife (Aunts and cousins)

Can I also send you a copy of my resume? I would appreciate if you can give me tips on how to present it better.

Thanks.