Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Congratulations, ankit!! You are the man!! Two jobs during this kind of economy! You really rock! ;)

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs and tips.

My experience in UK is that the job market here is in very tight grips of agents. The agencies rule here. They can make or break our chances of reaching an interview stage. Going by what you describe, it appears that in Canada we may approach companies directly.

My question is if we land in one city - how open the employers are to even consider us for other locations - for example if we land in Toronto, what is the likelihood that a prospective employer in Victoria will even consider my CV? Again my experience in UK on exactly similar lines was quite negative. The agencies dictate that the candidate should be from somewhere vicinity and that's the reason that I am asking you. Please share.

Regards,
amay

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amay said:
My experience in UK is that the job market here is in very tight grips of agents. The agencies rule here. They can make or break our chances of reaching an interview stage. Going by what you describe, it appears that in Canada we may approach companies directly.
You can approach companies directly through their websites. Recruiters (agencies) play an impotrant role here as well, I have some opinion on that but can not share that on forum :)

My question is if we land in one city - how open the employers are to even consider us for other locations - for example if we land in Toronto, what is the likelihood that a prospective employer in Victoria will even consider my CV? Again my experience in UK on exactly similar lines was quite negative. The agencies dictate that the candidate should be from somewhere vicinity and that's the reason that I am asking you. Please share.

Generally you will be considered for local positions only as there is lot of cost in relocating a canadidate but it all depends on company's requirement, its urgency, and willingness to pay relocation. My take is across the world, people would prefer local candidateds

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
hi ankit congrats.

i would request to know job market in insurance sector and agriculture reseach sector?

kindly give input.

shijoal

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope if you read some techniques that I used to research market in my filed can apply to your field as well. I have explained my technique in the start of this thread thread to help people do the reaserach in their own field.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys Just wanted to share with you that one of other forum members that I was sharing the room with also got tw offers this week.

One is the offer that he started working on from India and other one he started in Canada. Both have them have closed with in first month of his landing in Toronto. He landed on 3rd May. He is a BA in Insurance Domain and has CPAB

ind2uk2can

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hi Brother, I am watching your thread very closely.. I would much appreciate if you give me some info for the below question..
1. Me and my wife we both are into I.T field (software testers / java) looking forward to land in canada in aug...
please can you advise me which city is best either missussaga or calgary (as i got some friends there).

2 How is the above mentioned fields now a days

3 Will my experience from England , u.k will be recognised??

It would be really helpful if you could answer on this forum or email me sarish.muppidi@gmail.com

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ind2uk2can said:
Hi Brother, I am watching your thread very closely.. I would much appreciate if you give me some info for the below question..
1. Me and my wife we both are into I.T field (software testers / java) looking forward to land in canada in aug...
please can you advise me which city is best either missussaga or calgary (as i got some friends there).
Toronto is the best. Mississauga is suburb of Tronto and will be a good place for any new immigrant. Calagry has an upcoming market to. It all depends on your research on interne regarding where are the more jobs in your field

2 How is the above mentioned fields now a days
Refer to my thread on how to research for the job market in your field[, use the tricks and figure out yourself/color]

3 Will my experience from England , u.k will be recognised??
Yes it will be. Only recruiters have asked me about Canadian experience but the hiring managers I felt they do not care a lot if they think u r a good it. If you have experience with multinational corporations, good soft skills and english skills, Canadian exp is not a deterrent

It would be really helpful if you could answer on this forum or email me sarish.muppidi @ gmail.com

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My job finding experience:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-a-job-in-canada-experiences-t37809.0.html

It is an year old but still holds true.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueboy, thanks again for this wonderful thread, it was a great inspiration for me while I was in India and wondering how difficult it will be to find Job in Canada I remember reading this thread and learning from it. After reading your thread, I took India off from my resume where ever it was mention in location. With Some MNCs on my resume and w/o locaion it was easy for employers to make a decision to call me for interview.

Well said that though you have written it a year back, but it still very much relevant.

priyank8cena

May 3, 2011
hi to all fnds..

i just got admission in Computer and Network Support Technician at humber college can anyone please tell me hows the networking jobs market in canada,my course is post

secondary diploma so it ok to find jobs after 2 years..?and i have any chances to get pr...?by which way after my studey....?waiting for your reply fnds pls help me out i am appling for visa in next month...tnx

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine recently found a Job in networking with TD bank with in two months after arrival in Canada. He also informed me that there were other interviews happening as well, so I believe it should be a good market

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
ankit_20 said:
Guys Just wanted to share with you that one of other forum members that I was sharing the room with also got tw offers this week.

One is the offer that he started working on from India and other one he started in Canada. Both have them have closed with in first month of his landing in Toronto. He landed on 3rd May. He is a BA in Insurance Domain and has CPAB
Hi - thanks for some very useful info.

I am a software developer (13 years' experience) in mainly Microsoft products (C#/VB/Sql Server). In the fortunate position that my wife's pharmacy skills are on the FSW1 occupation list so we should be getting our PR visas within the next week or two, and landing end of August.

Planning on Vancouver - since I will already have a PR visa and won't require a work permit I am hoping it should be reasonably fast to find a job? No Canadian experience but I am from UK and am a native English speaker.

I heard agenices aren't much good and you're best contacting companies directly, but you seem to think that the agencies are worth a shot?

Thanks for any hints + tips! :)

Wayne.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I wanted to post an update regarding the Job market situation for IT in general. So if you have a good targeted resume and you are visible on internet (every job site, every company website, every recruiter, linked in etc etc) and have prepared well, the success should not elude you for more than 3 months.

I will not be able to answer your questions regarding how is job market in "Java", "web dev", etc but this the general situation with some of the forum members.

1.) "vicky_delhi" got a job in TD bank and had many interviews happening or lined up. Less than 2 months in canada
2.) "CAPR" go job in project management and has two offers. It has been less than 3 months for him in canada
3.) "verma_jagdish" got three offers and first one came in first month of being in canada, He role is of BA
4.) "meena" got two jobs with in 3 months of being in canada in QA

Not all of them had US experience, as of you may want know this specifically

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wayne, I follow your posts a lot on the forum and you write some wonderful stuff. Thanks for being around.

Vancouver is not that big of a market, but I think it should be easy for you to find the job. The market is good and if you have the right resume and good preparation I see no reason for any one, not to find a good job, and top it all you are a native English speaker and very informed and logical person (your posts speak for you).

I would recommend you to read some of the tips that I have written in the beginning of this thread and they should help you to be well prepared with your job search strategy

I do not like recruiters my self but they are necassary evil. You have to use them but try to post resumes to companies directly as much as you can

Cappuccino said:
Hi - thanks for some very useful info.

I am a software developer (13 years' experience) in mainly Microsoft products (C#/VB/Sql Server). In the fortunate position that my wife's pharmacy skills are on the FSW1 occupation list so we should be getting our PR visas within the next week or two, and landing end of August.

Planning on Vancouver - since I will already have a PR visa and won't require a work permit I am hoping it should be reasonably fast to find a job? No Canadian experience but I am from UK and am a native English speaker.

I heard agenices aren't much good and you're best contacting companies directly, but you seem to think that the agencies are worth a shot?

Thanks for any hints + tips! :)

Wayne.