+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It is possible to apply to Federal Express Entry and one PNP at same time?

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible to apply to Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) and to Alberta Opportunity Stream (or Tourism and Hospitality Stream).

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible to apply to Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) and to Alberta Opportunity Stream (or Tourism and Hospitality Stream).

Thank you!
Yes. Alberta program has met quota. Assume you have a LMIA with an Alberta employer as that is a requirement.

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hi,
thanks for the answer. Related to the LMIA, I have some doubts. I am currently working but I don´t have a LMIA. My employer is open to apply for one. My question is the next: my current work permit expires in September 8th. When do you think would be a good moment to apply for the LMIA? related to job offer, can it be in the date range you decide? I.e., it could be the one year offer but starting on September 8 (when my current work permit expires)? Or should it be with date of the lmia application?

I hope the question is understood.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
thanks for the answer. Related to the LMIA, I have some doubts. I am currently working but I don´t have a LMIA. My employer is open to apply for one. My question is the next: my current work permit expires in September 8th. When do you think would be a good moment to apply for the LMIA? related to job offer, can it be in the date range you decide? I.e., it could be the one year offer but starting on September 8 (when my current work permit expires)? Or should it be with date of the lmia application?

I hope the question is understood.

Thank you!
The program is closed after meeting quota with no timelines for when it will take applications. LMIA process should start now as they have to post the job and go through the hiring process. LMIA can take many months and then you have to apply and be approved for a work permit.

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
So the LMIA can not be based on previous job posts? For example when my employer hired me on October 2023.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes. Alberta program has met quota. Assume you have a LMIA with an Alberta employer as that is a requirement.
Hey can you give me a link to this. I am looking at the Alberta page but is not able to look for new Parhways to be announced on March 1, 2024.