None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Dear friends

This may have been asked before but it is quite urgent. I have two questions please:-

1. If I get PPR and then decide to issue a new passport (which is different to the one I got PPR for), is that possible? Is there any foreseeable problem?

2. If I get PPR and send my passport to get stamped with a PR visa, and after that once I get PR visa and COPR, what happens if I issue a new passport? Can I land in Canada with both passports? What did people do before?

I have my reasons to try to issue a new passport, hence I am asking my questions

I'd highly appreciate your help

Thanks a lot
Regards

Reactions: Frank GH

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Neither should be a problem.

1. Submit a copy of the old passport (or even the old now invalid passport) along with your new passport when you send your passport for stamping. Should not be an issue.

2. Should also not be a problem. I have a lot of visas in my old passport, just because the passport has been renewed does not make the visas in that passport invalid. You need to travel with both passports and just show the visa in the old passport.

But if you have a choice between 1 and 2 in terms of timing, then I would go for option 1.

Reactions: Frank GH

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For whomever this might still be interesting,

I called IRCC and talked to an agent about this. He advised to send the copy of the old passport together with a letter of explanation, describing the situation. He also said that I can send the new passport only and it should be fine. But I decided to go with an LOE and previous passport copy.

Let's see how it goes.

Good luck!

original issue posted here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-renewed-after-ppr-email-do-i-send-the-previous-one-too.546184/#post-6750102

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017

I called IRCC and talked to an agent about this. He advised to send the copy of the old passport together with a letter of explanation, describing the situation. He also said that I can send the new passport only and it should be fine. But I decided to go with an LOE and previous passport copy.

Let's see how it goes.

Good luck!

original issue posted here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-renewed-after-ppr-email-do-i-send-the-previous-one-too.546184/#post-6750102

HI there Sunshinejan,

Thanks for the advise, just following up could you please tell me if I should send copy of biodata page only (for old passport), or for all the pages?

Thanks,

Sahiltulika

Aug 20, 2019
Hello sunshine and wcchaudhray

I am in similar situations waiting for my passport renewal. Can i send copy of bio-data page of old passport , new passport all pages or just bio data page ? And LOE and this all needs to be sent through the webform options under document addition category correct.

Please help confirm so I can do the needful.

Many thanks for your help
Warm rgds

Reactions: Sourabhsj

pkAli

Dec 15, 2019
i applied for my mother super visa and she got passport request..
i noticed that her passport is going to expire in two years , can she send her renew passport to get longer super visa valid till passport expiry..
anybody please help me in this regards.

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
i applied for my mother super visa and she got passport request..
i noticed that her passport is going to expire in two years , can she send her renew passport to get longer super visa valid till passport expiry..
anybody please help me in this regards.
Hi
Did you renewed the passport?
Can we send renewed passport for longer visa validity?

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020

Let's see how it goes.

Good luck!

Hi, I am facing a similar issue as you. My husbands passport is expiring in 3 months and we got ppr in nov 2020.

Did just sending old passport copy with loe and new passport work?
Would relle appreciate your response

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Yes, for work visa
And your passport has expired or is expiring? A valid visa is still considered valid in a expired passport. So when you travel you'll have to take both the expired passport with the valid visa and the new passport.
Congrats btw!

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
My child passport is expiring, so company lawyer asked for new passport copy and he said he will obtain new PPR by cancelling the existing one. It's been 17 days, no new PPR from IRCC yet

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Also, probably best to get @legalfalcon's advise on the matter if your passport has already expired because I actually don't know if one can send an expired document to IRCC.
GL.

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
No. It's not expired.

PPR on June 15. My child's passport had only 6 month validity. So, I renewed thr passport. My lawyer said you can't send new passport in the existing PPR and I needed a new PPR