+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with work experience and WES

Jun 3, 2021
Dear All,

I have 4 major concerns:

1. I haven't received my official WES report since last 6 months and I only have non official copy. I contacted WES but they haven't send me the official copy yet. Will my unofficial WES copy be accepted with reference number for ITA ?

2. My first internship date was 23 August 2016 to 23 Feb 2017. It was 6 months but CIC has calculated it 7 months. Same thing with my work experience. CIC has calculated 17 months for my current work experience (CIC included June 2021 and Feb 2020). I started on 17 Feb 2020 and currently working. Hence due to this calculation my CRC score has increased. Should I put the wrong month for internship and reduce my duration?

3. I did 3 paid full time internship during my masters in France for 6 months duration each. It was a part of my Masters education but it was full time work (35 hours/week). Should I keep them included in my work experience?

4. I have put NOC 4163 for each of my internship:

Internship 1:
- Working with various social media and web tools to analyze marketing performance of the application. (company- education industry)
Internship 2:
- Market value proposition, Customer insight, internal communication, building sales package and weekly and monthly marketing data analysis.
Internship 3:
- Dashboard and sales analysis, market information analysis, marketing research.
I was confused between NOC 1123 and NOC 0124 but later my responsibility matched closely with NOC 4163. Is it correct?

Thank you for reading this. Much appreciate your help.
Saurabh Kumar Kaushik

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Dear All,

I have 4 major concerns:

1. I haven't received my official WES report since last 6 months and I only have non official copy. I contacted WES but they haven't send me the official copy yet. Will my unofficial WES copy be accepted with reference number for ITA ?

2. My first internship date was 23 August 2016 to 23 Feb 2017. It was 6 months but CIC has calculated it 7 months. Same thing with my work experience. CIC has calculated 17 months for my current work experience (CIC included June 2021 and Feb 2020). I started on 17 Feb 2020 and currently working. Hence due to this calculation my CRC score has increased. Should I put the wrong month for internship and reduce my duration?

3. I did 3 paid full time internship during my masters in France for 6 months duration each. It was a part of my Masters education but it was full time work (35 hours/week). Should I keep them included in my work experience?

4. I have put NOC 4163 for each of my internship:

Internship 1:
- Working with various social media and web tools to analyze marketing performance of the application. (company- education industry)
Internship 2:
- Market value proposition, Customer insight, internal communication, building sales package and weekly and monthly marketing data analysis.
Internship 3:
- Dashboard and sales analysis, market information analysis, marketing research.
I was confused between NOC 1123 and NOC 0124 but later my responsibility matched closely with NOC 4163. Is it correct?

Thank you for reading this. Much appreciate your help.
Saurabh Kumar Kaushik
  1. YES but since official report is the final document it's recommended to get it before submission of application
  2. It’s a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is fraud. It’s called “misrepresentation.”
    Document fraud can involve either false or altered documents, such as:
    • passports and travel documents
    • visas
    • diplomas, degrees, and apprenticeship or trade papers
    • certificates of birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment, separation, or death and
    • police certificates
    • If you lie on an application or in an interview with an IRCC officer, this is also fraud. It’s a crime.
    • If you send false documents or information, we’ll refuse your application. We may also:
      • forbid you from entering Canada for at least 5 years
      • give you a permanent record of fraud with us
      • take away your status as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
      • have you charged with a crime or
      • remove you from Canada
  3. If they are necessary to claim CRS points then you shall put them in Work history, else dump them in personal history
  4. Only the person who worked can find the NOC's. The lead statement and the duties matter and not the job title. Duties must be 85% =/+ matching your work experience duties and choose the NOC that matched more.

Jun 3, 2021
Hi Dankboi,

Thank you for your response.

1. How can I get my WES report from them because they are not picking up my call and they are not responding on contact form. Is there an alternate way to contact them?

2. Thank you. I didn't mean to lie on my application but I want to show the actual duration of my internship. So, what's the suggestion to reduce the duration of months?

3. I wish to know if internships are counted as experience?

4. Thank you

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi Dankboi,

Thank you for your response.

1. How can I get my WES report from them because they are not picking up my call and they are not responding on contact form. Is there an alternate way to contact them?

2. Thank you. I didn't mean to lie on my application but I want to show the actual duration of my internship. So, what's the suggestion to reduce the duration of months?

3. I wish to know if internships are counted as experience?

4. Thank you
  1. Contacting WES is the only way
  2. As stated changing info about anything related to your eligibility criteria falls under misrepresentation even if it's a silly excuse. If IRCC calculated your duration wrong then it's not a matter
  3. Related to experience the following is IRCC's requirement
Skilled work experience
Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:​
  • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
  • You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  1. Part-time work experience
    Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
    For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
    We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Student work experience
    Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work: