+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with Online Account: GCKey / Sign In Partner

avidrunner

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone,
Trying to check online account status of Outland Spousal Sponsorship. Our application package was received on Dec 23, 2020 and my wife has gone for biometrics a few months ago. We received some emails stating we can check the status online. However, when we try to sign in to the website they link to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html and I sign in using Option 1: GCKey, nothing shows up it just says:

From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.

To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.

Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

Those are the only links available and clicking the Continue button goes to the homepage of https://www.cic.gc.ca/

I have also tried using Sign In Partner using my bank account, however when trying to search by application number nothing shows up either. Is the website experiencing any sort of glitches or downtime due to increased demand? It's been like this for a few months now. The customer support is not replying on phone, I will call multiple times it goes to the automated message and says to wait but nobody picks up. (On the website it states GCKey offers 24/7 support but have not had any luck with it)

So we are hoping to find some helpful replies on here-- perhaps the online account is not all that important? Should we just keep our eyes on any emails from IRCC and not bother with the online account? Or is the online account going to be a requirement moving forward with any of the processing?

Curtis3321

Apr 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
Try clearing your cache. You can do that via Settings in your browser. You can try a completely new browser, or from your phone too. If it's the same result from your phone.. Maybe create a new account and link the old application to the new account?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone,
Trying to check online account status of Outland Spousal Sponsorship. Our application package was received on Dec 23, 2020 and my wife has gone for biometrics a few months ago. We received some emails stating we can check the status online. However, when we try to sign in to the website they link to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html and I sign in using Option 1: GCKey, nothing shows up it just says:

From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.

To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.

Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

Those are the only links available and clicking the Continue button goes to the homepage of https://www.cic.gc.ca/

I have also tried using Sign In Partner using my bank account, however when trying to search by application number nothing shows up either. Is the website experiencing any sort of glitches or downtime due to increased demand? It's been like this for a few months now. The customer support is not replying on phone, I will call multiple times it goes to the automated message and says to wait but nobody picks up. (On the website it states GCKey offers 24/7 support but have not had any luck with it)

So we are hoping to find some helpful replies on here-- perhaps the online account is not all that important? Should we just keep our eyes on any emails from IRCC and not bother with the online account? Or is the online account going to be a requirement moving forward with any of the processing?
Link your application using this steps

1. Logged in with GC Key account or creat new GcKey account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. If you have one dependent child use "3" if 2 child then use "4".