+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues linking my paper application to my CIC account.. Please help

karushah

Feb 4, 2015
Hello All,

I have been trying to link my TRV paper application ( applied on 8th may through VFS ) to my CIC account..However unable to do so with the selection of Family Name , Given name and DOB. The issue seems to be with the Given name as the last name per passport is blank and it seems to be a mandatory field for linking the application. I tried several options like "Not Applicable", "N/A", "NA" , writing full name in given name field etc. but still not able to link . Did anyone with similar problem succeed in linking application to online cic account? Please guide .. I have even reported a technical issue but I dint hear from CIC so far and dont know if i will hear ...

thanks
karushah

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Why you dont have a last name. It will cause trouble for you filling application forms for different applications. As last name is always mandatory

karushah

Feb 4, 2015
Why you dont have a last name. It will cause trouble for you filling application forms for different applications. As last name is always mandatory
Hi samk03,
Dont think not having last name is mandatory .. also application forms can be filled without any issue incase you dont hv any last name.. However I do see there seems to be issue linking your paper application to CIC account incase you dont have last name..
thanks
Karushah

az420

Jun 29, 2017
You normally always need a last name for any kind of application or form, even airline tickets.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi samk03,
Dont think not having last name is mandatory .. also application forms can be filled without any issue incase you dont hv any last name.. However I do see there seems to be issue linking your paper application to CIC account incase you dont have last name..
thanks
Karushah
There you have a problem because of not having last name. That was my point exactly
Best of luck