+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with Surname in Passport and PR Application! Help Seniors!!!

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi Guys, a quick question: How do they use names in Canada? My full name is: Leon Jesus de Paula
I put down in my application the Following:

SURNAME: De Paula
NAME GIVEN: Leon Jesus

However, in my brazilian passport which I just got, they have it as:
SURNAME: Jesus de Paula
GIVEN NAME: Leon

Now I have to do the medicals and I do not know if it will be a problem or if I should fix it and which one I should fix?

Thank you.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I suggest you should get the surname corrected in your passport first. You stated your surname : De Paula and Leon Jesus as Given name , which should be used in documents for PR process.

LeoNYC said:
Hi Guys, a quick question: How do they use names in Canada? My full name is: Leon Jesus de Paula
I put down in my application the Following:

SURNAME: De Paula
NAME GIVEN: Leon Jesus

However, in my brazilian passport which I just got, they have it as:
SURNAME: Jesus de Paula
GIVEN NAME: Leon

Now I have to do the medicals and I do not know if it will be a problem or if I should fix it and which one I should fix?

Thank you.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
No. It is the other way around. De Paula as Surname and Leo Jesus as Given name is how it is in my application. In my passport is: Jesus de Paula as Surname and Leon as given name.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
It would be better if you could get your passport fixed and get your name changed according to your application. i.e in your passport Given Name: Leo Jesus; Surname: De Paula

Applying for a change of name in the application will cause delay.

Mirza.

LeoNYC said:
No. It is the other way around. De Paula as Surname and Leo Jesus as Given name is how it is in my application. In my passport is: Jesus de Paula as Surname and Leon as given name.