+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue about pre-paid envelope for COPR (mailing from US)

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi all, I have some concerns about my pre-paid return lable.

Here is the thing:
I went to Fedex to mail my passport, photos, annex A and pre-paid envelope. Fedex told me I have to create an acount to print a pre-paid lable. So I did it in store. Initially, I used my info as recepient and CPC-OTTAWA-PR as sender. But I was not able to use my US credit card info because the billing address has to be the same as the sender (CPC-OTTAWA-PR) or other internationl address EXCEPT US. United States is not an option! The store manager asked me to change my sender to my own info. So sender and receipient are both me. In this case, I didn't have problem using my US credit card. However, this shipment became domestic instead of internationl. When I chose the shipping service (such as internationalpriority; international ecomony, domestic one rate), I had to choose domestic one rate. The store manager told me it is fine.

My question is: Will I have problem receiving my passport and CORP back? If CPC-OTTAWA mails out my envelope, which shipping service will they use? Had anyone experience this as well?
Please help! Thanks!

Last edited:

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hi all, I have some concerns about my pre-paid return lable.

Here is the thing:
I went to Fedex to mail my passport, photos, annex A and pre-pre-paid envelope. Fedex told me I have to create an acount to print a pre-paid lable. So I did it in store. Initially, I used my info as recepient and CPC-OTTAWA-PR as sender. But I was not able to use my US credit card info because the billing address has to be the same as the sender (CPC-OTTAWA-PR) or other internationl address EXCEPT US. United States is not any option! The store manager asked me to change my sender to my own info. So sender and receipient are both me. In this case, I didn't have problem using my US credit card. However, this shipment became domestic instead of internationl. When I chose the shipping service (such as internationalpriority; international ecomony, domestic one rate), I had to choose domestic one rate. The store manager told me it is fine.

My question is: Will I have problem receiving my passport and CORP back? If CPC-OTTAWA mails out my envelope, which shipping service will they use? Had anyone experience this as well?
Please help! Thanks!
I'm not sure the FedEx people clerk did you any favors here. Not sure what he did. They should have both been sent Priority International. Did you see the return label? What did it say? Maybe FedEx will just switch it when it leaves Canada. Not sure, but I hope it works out for you!

For future reference, the easiest way to do this is to go online at home, create a FedEx account that allows you to create return labels. You print out a set for you (including customs forms) to mail, plus the return label (with pre-filled out custom forms) and they charge both to your account. They have separate tracking numbers that are linked. You get a Fedex envelope, put the return stuff in the pocket and fold it in half and put it in your envelope with the pictures, passport copy and Schedule A. You get a notification when CPC puts the pre-paid envelope in the mail and you can track it.

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I'm not sure the FedEx people clerk did you any favors here. Not sure what he did. They should have both been sent Priority International. Did you see the return label? What did it say? Maybe FedEx will just switch it when it leaves Canada. Not sure, but I hope it works out for you!

For future reference, the easiest way to do this is to go online at home, create a FedEx account that allows you to create return labels. You print out a set for you (including customs forms) to mail, plus the return label (with pre-filled out custom forms) and they charge both to your account. They have separate tracking numbers that are linked. You get a Fedex envelope, put the return stuff in the pocket and fold it in half and put it in your envelope with the pictures, passport copy and Schedule A. You get a notification when CPC puts the pre-paid envelope in the mail and you can track it.
Thanks for your explanation! I talked to a fedex agent over the phone. She said it should be fine. I’m just worried that it may take very long. I should have searched this forum before going to fedex store.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Thanks for your explanation! I talked to a fedex agent over the phone. She said it should be fine. I’m just worried that it may take very long. I should have searched this forum before going to fedex store.
Oh good! I'm glad everything will work out! I researched it myself because I saw people on this forum had trouble with both FedEx and UPS when they tried to do this. Apparently some of the clerks don't run into this very often and don't know how to do it. Congrats on your PPR! It won't be long now. :)

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Oh good! I'm glad everything will work out! I researched it myself because I saw people on this forum had trouble with both FedEx and UPS when they tried to do this. Apparently some of the clerks don't run into this very often and don't know how to do it. Congrats on your PPR! It won't be long now. :)
Thank you so much!!