+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issuance of temporary visa while sponsorship application is in process

zaina929

Jul 13, 2008
Dear All
I applied for sponsorship application in Canada for my dependent child who was born outside Canada (in Pakistan). CIC has forwarded application to Canadian High Commission, Islamabad in December 2009. As per the timeline, the normal process takes almost 8-9 months. Is there any possibility that I can apply for travel document for my dependent child while the sponsorship application is in process. Can I apply on HUMANITARIAN basis to allow my dependent child to travel on temporary visa?
Kindly do help me as I need to travel in March and cannot leave my dependent child all alone here in Pakistan.
Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV). If you are denied based on that they are not convinced that you will leave with your child again when the temporary visa expires, you can apply for a TRP which the type of visa that would be given on humanitarian grounds to people who can't get a TRV.

However, are you a PR and currently outside Canada? If you are, it is likely that your sponsorship application will have problems because PR's can not sponsor their family from outside Canada.