Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
instead of updating the processing times or the e case, they want to discuss sth that was introduced in 2008? we are in 2010.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-03-16.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maple said:
instead of updating the processing times or the e case, they want to discuss sth that was introduced in 2008? we are in 2010.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-03-16.asp
This is the discussion regarding the "list of 38" and any changes required.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems they are contemplating more changes, possibly just for the list, maybe for other things as well and they want our input.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
It is strange. If we who (applied under the 38 -list) still have not been approved yet, why would they be looking for changes in the list?
I see it a big mistake that they limited the occupations to only 38, who would fill this huge land. If Canada allows all those in queue, it still needs millions and millions of people to cover its needs to grow as a big nation.

PMM said:
Hi

This is the discussion regarding the "list of 38" and any changes required.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The immigration system as it was before, was completely clogged up with applicants, some of whom didn't seem to find any jobs in Canada when they arrived after up to 6 years of processing time. The list of 38 was supposed to make the system faster by cutting down the number of applicants and helping pick out the ones Canada thinks it needs. It's hard to say if it is a success or not until a few years have passed.

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
maple said:
It is strange. If we who (applied under the 38 -list) still have not been approved yet, why would they be looking for changes in the list?
I see it a big mistake that they limited the occupations to only 38, who would fill this huge land. If Canada allows all those in queue, it still needs millions and millions of people to cover its needs to grow as a big nation.
If those applied under the list of 38 haven't been approved yet, then it would be a good idea not only to make it more streamline than they have already AND to update the list for future needs of Canada. Perhaps like you said, 38 is too small of a number but having all of the jobs was too big. Its not about filling up Canada as much as it is about getting the right people who can be easily employable. Every country needs a lot of people but it should be people who can fill up their strategic needs of the future.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I do respect all your views. I just see one fact in the Canadian immigration system, whatever strategy they attempted to ease the backlog, did not work, it is still taking time, and the backlog is still there, piling up.
Time is priceless, each day passes by makes a difference in one's life. This is a fact the immigration system does not pay attention to.

I know PR is not a gift that Canadian government easily gives to whoever applies to it, but sth should be done to improve the situation for applicants too.

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
I agree but I think it hasn't gotten worse for Buffalo applicants (who applied after Nov 2008) and it has gotten better for all other applicants so overall there has been improvements.

Not sure why Buffalo is going so slow. The average time for Buffalo previously was 18 months and you are starting to see that kind of statistics now for those who applied after Nov 2008. But it is still not as fast as other offices (at least it hasn't gotten worse or much worse, whatever the case is).

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
I noticed that your meds were done in April 2009. Have you contacted them to see what is the delay? That is unusually long.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Buffalo is slow, that is a fact. Reasons vary from one case to another, in my case it is the background checks that is taking along time, I do not know if Buffalo is following a new method of getting background information from other countries in order to fast-track applications and avoid the backlog from growing. I sure hope so.

maple

CanadaVisa4me said:
I noticed that your meds were done in April 2009. Have you contacted them to see what is the delay? That is unusually long.

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Maple - hope ur case speeds up...

others who said it is to fill the land... not like that... it's a good sign that ca immi is taking preventive measure.... if u talk about backlog... look at the neighbouring country usa.... if u apply for usa gc, ask ur grandchild to keep the address updated... so that at least he can receive it for you....:)

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple said:
I fully agree with maple. Well said maple.

God Bless U.

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Although Charninder went to extreme end, realistically the situation doesn't improve.

I applied in July 2008, sent full documents in March 2009 and am still waiting for Medicals let alone PPR. The new process as it depicts to you guys is not faster for everyone and neither Buffalo office is slower. Look at us we are crying for London office.