+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Islamic mortgage/finance in Calgary/Alberta

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Has anyone got info about reliable Islamic finance/mortgage in Alberta/Calgary.I am looking for a renowned,reliable organization.I have read about ACU s islamic mortgage option but that offers mortgage only for houses bought within Manitoba so I am looking for an organization that offers same sort of mortgage within Alberta.

Anyone having some info please advise.

Thanks

Someone1900

Jul 4, 2015
By the way, have you managed to collect some reliable information about these institutions? I would love to hear from someone with experience... thanks

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newcomer said:
Hi,

Has anyone got info about reliable Islamic finance/mortgage in Alberta/Calgary.I am looking for a renowned,reliable organization.I have read about ACU s islamic mortgage option but that offers mortgage only for houses bought within Manitoba so I am looking for an organization that offers same sort of mortgage within Alberta.

Anyone having some info please advise.

Thanks
The largest provider of Islamic mortgages in Canada was a company called UM Financial founded by Omar Kalair. It turned out to be a massive fraud, and there is still an arrest warrant out for Omar (who is believed to be hiding in Dubai after running away with several million dollars). Following this, the regulators have been fairly reluctant to issue licenses to any further Islamic financial institutions. There are still some private co-operative consortia that provide such mortgages and your best bet would be to check at your local mosque or Islamic centre.

Jun 26, 2014
Did you find anything that was good? Im also in Alberta and want an Islamic mortgage. Im currently considering go through with Ijara Canada loans but I havent heard any testimonies on it

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no such thing, a mortgage is a mortgage and you will pay interest on it regardless of what they call it.