28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all.
I was wondering if being a youtuber is considered self emplyed to get into self employed for artists programme and get a visa?
It's definitely self employment. Whether it's enough to be accepted under the self employment program as an artist is difficult to say. I'm not sure we've seen any cases here like this yet. You would need to apply and see what happens.

If you apply, you will want to make sure this is your primary source of income and that the income you're making off youtube is sufficient to cover all of your living expenses (i.e. is a full income). You'll also want to show a few years of income from this activity to demonstrate sustainment.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Dec 11, 2018
Thank you for your reply!
I applied for a TRV two years ago and I have been banned for 5 years.(because a lawyer put false documents on my application without my knowledge and I didn't have access to my CIC account)
Should I wait for 3 years so the ban is lifted and then apply for the self employment program?
And besides youtube I have private clients and I teach them guitar.
Is 3000 canadian dollars(Monthly) enough for the overall income(Youtube + private clients).
I have been doing this job for around 5 years and its my primary source of income in my home country(Iran)
@
scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply!
I applied for a TRV two years ago and I have been banned for 5 years.(because a lawyer put false documents on my application without my knowledge and I didn't have access to my CIC account)
Should I wait for 3 years so the ban is lifted and then apply for the self employment program?
And besides youtube I have private clients and I teach them guitar.
Is 3000 canadian dollars(Monthly) enough for the overall income(Youtube + private clients).
I have been doing this job for around 5 years and its my primary source of income in my home country(Iran)
@
scylla
Yes, you will need to wait for 3 years before you can apply due to the ban. If you apply now, it will result in an automatic refusal since you are inadmissible to Canada at this time.

I don't know if $3,000 a month will be enough. I don't have the experience to comment on that.

Hopefully what you do on youtube involves playing the guitar. If it's something completely different, then I'm not sure you'll be able to combine the two for a self-employed application.

When you are ready to apply in three years, it might be best to hire a lawyer to assist you.

Good luck.

Dec 11, 2018
Yes on Youtube I also teach and play guitar.
I don't have my last CIC account user and pass to this day because the lawyer didn't give it to me.
For the new Self Employed application can I just create a new profile in the CIC website?
And I did my biometric and I think its valid for ten years.
So do I need to do the biometric again?
Sorry I took your time and promise they were my last questions.
Thanks.
@@scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes on Youtube I also teach and play guitar.
I don't have my last CIC account user and pass to this day because the lawyer didn't give it to me.
For the new Self Employed application can I just create a new profile in the CIC website?
And I did my biometric and I think its valid for ten years.
So do I need to do the biometric again?
Sorry I took your time and promise they were my last questions.
Thanks.
@@scylla
You shouldn't have to do biometrics again. Yes, you can simply set up a new profile. Make sure you declare that refusal when you apply (plus any other refusals to any other countries).

KorochoSan

Jan 10, 2022
Hi, I haven't heard of this. Still, if doing a YouTube channel is considered self-employed, I'm thrilled to hear it because I've been doing YouTube videos for about two years, and this is my hobby that has grown into a job. I understand that there are specific criteria by which YouTube is considered self-employed? For example, salary and quality of content, does it affect the same? I read a few replays above about this, but I never got a final answer that would satisfy me. By the way, it's nothing that I sometimes buy views and likes for my videos on this site top4smm.com. I already have a lot of views, about 100 thousand on each video. Still, I sometimes resort to promoting some videos because of YouTube algorithms.

Last edited:

kelly88V

Jan 14, 2022
So running a YouTube video blog and getting income from it counts as self-employment? (Sorry, could not find an answer