01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
hi

Can I claim points for work experience in a non registered company (in India) for express entry???

Note- am currently in Canada on study permit.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Too much efforts require to prove work experience better try finding job in Canada after graduation and apply after accumulating 1 yr Cad experience

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Well if it's not registered, cannot be called "company".
Be whatever it is, one of the first things the VO does is check if the company exists, registered at the address mentioned in the letterhead.
This is even more important as you're in Canada, so VO will expect some trace.
So if he/she cannot find it, will very likely think it's not genuine work experience.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Be whatever it is, one of the first things the VO does is check if the company exists, registered at the address mentioned in the letterhead.
So if he/she cannot find it, will very likely think it's not genuine work experience.
Thanks for the reply.
Currently, I am in Canada but I will return to India after my course ends and am planning to apply for EE from India. I am asking this query as I have experience in a non registered company in India prior to my study in Canada. the company has its address mentioned in the letterhead as I saw when I worked there. so can I claim points for that???

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018

oh yeah it was titled as CMM Enterprise.its an enterprise not a company.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
oh yeah it was titled as CMM Enterprise.its an enterprise not a company.
Enterprise... Company. I don't think the difference matters when it comes to validating work experience points.

Well, the system at first will indeed give you points.
But the VO will likely check the legitimacy of the company, and if it can't be found they might think it's bogus, and you risk of having your application rejected.
But here's a question: Why don't you get a job in Canada if that's your end goal?

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Enterprise... Company. I don't think the difference matters when it comes to validating work experience points.

But the VO will likely check the legitimacy of the company, and if it can't be found they might think it's bogus, and you risk of having your application rejected.
But here's a question: Why don't you get a job in Canada if that's your end goal?

I had submitted an affidavit from the court that I will return to India after my study ends, during my study visa application. so I can't look for jobs and stay here. it was done to get the study visa as it requires to show home ties.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I had submitted an affidavit from the court that I will return to India after my study ends, during my study visa application. so I can't look for jobs and stay here. it was done to get the study visa as it requires to show home ties.
Hmmm.... Home ties are required indeed for all non-immigrant visas.
I don't know what you wrote on your affidavit, but I think you should check with an immigration consultant/attorney to see how enforceable it really is, and whether it truly keeps you from staying and working in Canada...
I think it could potentially save you a lot of headaches...

Advmeenal

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
Currently, I am in Canada but I will return to India after my course ends and am planning to apply for EE from India. I am asking this query as I have experience in a non registered company in India prior to my study in Canada. the company has its address mentioned in the letterhead as I saw when I worked there. so can I claim points for that???
Did you claimed points for that experience??

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018

How vo can the legitimacy? If a person gets salary in account from company, company has presence over the internet... Is that what cic check?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
How vo can the legitimacy? If a person gets salary in account from company, company has presence over the internet... Is that what cic check?
Employer can also be contacted through email provided, infact mostly through email.

Raj69

Oct 28, 2022
I am in a similar situation. I got sporadic payments from Feb 2022 but my company got registered only in Jan 2023. I mean it exists as a company right now... but not for the complete duration of my employment