+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Winnipeg unadaptable? Please help

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hi members,

I have got offer letters from George Brown College, Toronto for international business management, and Red River College, winnipeg for international business management as well (both 1 year)

I just got to know from a friend of mine that winnipeg has very unadaptable living conditions and it is very difficult to survive there..is that true?

Can anyone please enlighten me on this and advise me as to which college to go in for?

Please help me out guys..

Thank you

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Go for Red River. Pr rules are easy in Manitoba. But on the other hand the weather is very harsh sometimes.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Yeah bro..that's what i'm asking!

Is it easy to adapt to those weather conditions?

I've heard from a friend that living there is next to impossible and he said he got hypothermia!

Is living in winnipeg that harsh?

Please advise fellow members??

Thank you

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gopinath21 said:
Yeah bro..that's what i'm asking!

Is it easy to adapt to those weather conditions?

I've heard from a friend that living there is next to impossible and he said he got hypothermia!

Is living in winnipeg that harsh?

Please advise fellow members??

Thank you
Oh please spare me the grief. I studied in Winnipeg for 6 years and never seen any one exaggerate that much about the weather. Winnipeg can get windy so dress up warm and you will be fine. The number of international students flocking to Manitoba for school is increasing yearly. That number can be confirmed with the increase in admission applications over the years. These students are not making their decisions over the weather conditions but affordable tuition and low cost of living.

Dress warm (in layers) and you will be fine.

gopinath21

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Papa Bomboy said:
Oh please spare me the grief. I studied in Winnipeg for 6 years and never seen any one exaggerate that much about the weather. Winnipeg can get windy so dress up warm and you will be fine. The number of international students flocking to Manitoba for school is increasing yearly. That number can be confirmed with the increase in admission applications over the years. These students are not making their decisions over the weather conditions but affordable tuition and low cost of living.

Dress warm (in layers) and you will be fine.
Thanks for this information..i needed some opinion so asked here..i did search on google, but just wanted to know if we desis could manage in that cold in winnipeg!

Thanks again

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are very welcome. All the best at River River College if thats your final decision.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If someone got hypothermia it's because they weren't properly dressed for the weather and it's really their own fault. Winnipeg has a population of over 500,000. If hypothermia was such a problem the population would be 500. Someone who manages to get hypothermia in Winnipeg probably won't be capable of living anywhere in Canada and should stay in a warm country.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
gopinath21 said:
Hi members,

I have got offer letters from George Brown College, Toronto for international business management, and Red River College, winnipeg for international business management as well (both 1 year)

I just got to know from a friend of mine that winnipeg has very unadaptable living conditions and it is very difficult to survive there..is that true?

Can anyone please enlighten me on this and advise me as to which college to go in for?

Please help me out guys..

Thank you
I just arrived in Winnipeg a couple of weeks from Hyd. Yes, you have inclement weather here for sure but if you wear proper clothing you will be able to go out to the neighborhood store or catch the bus to go to college. I don't have great clothes yet but do have something to keep me warm and I have been able to go out in -26 to -30 weather. Some days are really good, like -10 to -12 is barely a problem if you wear proper clothing.

If you are prepared to spend $1000, you should be able to get everything you need for -50 weather! :)

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonhomie08 said:
If you are prepared to spend $1000, you should be able to get everything you need for -50 weather! :)
Good thing you are adjusting quite well, although I don't think you need to spend $ 1000. The local walmart will have something on the affordable side for students.

Stay warm my friend.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Papa Bomboy said:
Good thing you are adjusting quite well, although I don't think you need to spend $ 1000. The local walmart will have something on the affordable side for students.

Stay warm my friend.
Thanks for the tip! I was referring to something that will help you survive in -55 temps for next 4-5 years, including jacket, boots, mitts, thermal underwear and socks, fleece jackets, gloves and mitts, toques, scarves.

I bought a couple of items from Walmart which turned out to be quite useless in this weather. Probably useful if you have a car, and don't need to walk on the roads.