+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS Visa ratio for alberta, british columbia more as compare to ontario?

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
I have a question please and need some guidance as well.
Is Visa Ratio for Alberta, British Columbia and Nova Scotia more than ontario?

Need some advice as well...
I did my two years bachelors in computer science and then two years bachelors in arts and then two years masters in Economics in 2007. I used to work in Immigration and Passport and I resigned because of corrupt system. I have also served in the Embassy of Pakistan Rome Italy.
I am interested in post graduate diploma (management or accounting). Which course do you think suits me?
I am interested in applying in Alberta (Canada).
Please tell me which is the best consultant in Karachi. And that my own investment account can work as a Bank Statement or not.
Thankyou so much for your guidance...

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
FarazAhmed said:

I did my two years bachelors in computer science and then two years bachelors in arts and then two years masters in Economics in 2007. I used to work in Immigration and Passport and I resigned because of corrupt system. I have also served in the Embassy of Pakistan Rome Italy.
I am interested in post graduate diploma (management or accounting). Which course do you think suits me?
Please tell me which is the best consultant in Karachi. And that my own investment account can work as a Bank Statement or not.
Brother Faraz Ahmed,

What I am writing is my opinion.
1. University of Alberta is one of the best in Canada
2. Go for Management

Good Luck 8)

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Thankyou so much brother.
I appreciate that you replied.

One more question .... my GPA is very low....
Does grade in your education affect on visa approval/refusal...

thanks...
God Bless You ....

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarazAhmed said:

Hi,

There is NOTHING like a visa ratio. Chances are equal for all provinces, be it Yukon or Ontario.

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for replying....

but you didn't answer...my GPA is very low...
Does it affect on my visa case....

thanks..

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa is all about your overall profile. Including your education, proposed field of study, the University you are applying to and also, the LEVEL of study you have gotten yourself enrolled in.

Which ever university you choose, do keep the following to in mind:
1. The course you wil study in canada should not be at a lower level than what you are already qualified in.
2. The course matches your previous studies.

In my opinion, these two make a significant contribution to the overall rejection rate of applications.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
FarazAhmed said:
Thanks for replying....

but you didn't answer...my GPA is very low...
Does it affect on my visa case....

thanks..
Brother Faraz Ahmed,

I don't think, only your GPA is going to affect on your Visa.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_a_d said:
Visa is all about your overall profile. Including your education, proposed field of study, the University you are applying to and also, the LEVEL of study you have gotten yourself enrolled in.

Which ever university you choose, do keep the following to in mind:
1. The course you wil study in canada should not be at a lower level than what you are already qualified in.
2. The course matches your previous studies.

In my opinion, these two make a significant contribution to the overall rejection rate of applications.
Hi,

Very well said.

Low GPA might be an issue if it looks something like this;

"Low GPA + Admission in a low grade school with irrelevant/useless course"

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Thankyou so very much for all of you friends.
May Allah Bless You All and Make Everything Easy and Possible for you.
My prayers are with you friends.

take care
Faraz

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
The only people who will care about your GPA will be the University or college you applied to, not immigration Canada. If your GPA is too low you might not get admission to a good school.

Immigration officers will look to see if you will be returning home to Pakistan, so show them proof like property ownership, family in Pakistan, spouse in Pakistan etc..also show them that you will have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Canada.

You can show an investment account, but investments vary in how much their worth. It is important to show that you have liquid cash assets, thus you should show a bank account with enough money to support yourself.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
AAL1984 said:
The only people who will care about your GPA will be the University or college you applied to, not immigration Canada. If your GPA is too low you might not get admission to a good school.

Immigration officers will look to see if you will be returning home to Pakistan, so show them proof like property ownership, family in Pakistan, spouse in Pakistan etc..also show them that you will have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Canada.

You can show an investment account, but investments vary in how much their worth. It is important to show that you have liquid cash assets, thus you should show a bank account with enough money to support yourself.
But you know some provinces want to increase in student visas number. It should have some effect on the application. For example if BC has set a target for 50% increase in students visa,will it effect visa chances of the applicant or not?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree that first and foremost, your academics dictate whether you get into a good University/ School or not. But secondly, an overall impressive academic profile does catch the eye of the VO.

Like I said, it is the overall visa application profile that matters, and academics is a very important part of that.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zub2612 said:
But you know some provinces want to increase in student visas number. It should have some effect on the application. For example if BC has set a target for 50% increase in students visa,will it effect visa chances of the applicant or not?
Hi,

Your province has no role in the issuance/refusal of your study visa.

In case of BC, that's an "expression of interest", not a rule. An interest which reflect in PNP program (not in your study permit), just to attract the best students.

For example, under Ontario PNP, Master graduates (from Ontario schools) are eligible for PR without any job offer (only selected and well qualified 1000 applicants). Similarly, under British Columbia PNP, medical/health science Master graduate's can apply for PR without any job offer. So, this is how provinces prefer to increase students applicants (not students visa).

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Thankyou so much... all of you....for your guidance.....

well brother ali...I have three Mn in my investment account for last 5 months.....i think it is sufficient because I am interested in one year diploma..course...

secondly I have served in the Embassy of Pakistan Italy. I have a copy of diplomat card.
so my travel history is clear.

I believe all these things will be in my favour...

Thanks once again...

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FarazAhmed said:
Thankyou so much... all of you....for your guidance.....

well brother ali...I have three Mn in my investment account for last 5 months.....i think it is sufficient because I am interested in one year diploma..course...

secondly I have served in the Embassy of Pakistan Italy. I have a copy of diplomat card.
so my travel history is clear.

I believe all these things will be in my favour...

Thanks once again...
Hi,

Good luck.

But keep in mind, you are going to apply for a student visa, not a visitor/immigration visa. So, focus more on the quality of study plan. Here, we have even millionaires with refusal letter in hand.