+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is USA comes under 'Designated Countries' for Canada Visa application?

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
I am living in Texas, USA continuously from last 1.5 years and now applying for Open Work permit for Canada. Can you please help me to answer below mentioned question
"Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

Should I answer "Yes" or "No"?

Thank you
modgil2121

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
Applying for Open work permit (OWP) for Saskatchewan, Canada. Living in Texas USA for consecutive more than 6 months makes me mark Yes or No, as there are two lists of designated countries. Texas USA falls in the list? Medical examination is required or not?

Please reply.

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
Others can comment given I am not sure but assume this is a question aimed at the list of designated countries deemed safe for refugee applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply/designated-countries-policy.html
Help information for the question "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"
takes me to the page "Find out if you need a medical exam" not to the designated countries link provided by you.

Also on "Find out if you need a medical exam" page, I am not able to find information related to Texas, USA.

"Find out if you need a medical exam" - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

Can you please help me to get answer to my original question?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Help information for the question "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"
takes me to the page "Find out if you need a medical exam" not to the designated countries link provided by you.

Also on "Find out if you need a medical exam" page, I am not able to find information related to Texas, USA.

"Find out if you need a medical exam" - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

Can you please help me to get answer to my original question?
You do realize that Texas is just a state within the USA and therefore will not be on the list of designated COUNTRIES...

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
I know that Texas is a state in USA and the given Designated Countries list is not a list of states.

I am writing Texas, USA because while filtering on "Find out if you need a medical exam" page, if I search for "USA" keyword then it shows below list

USA (Continental USA and Hawaii)
USA: Guam
USA: Midway Island, territory of the USA
USA: Northern Mariana Islands, Commonwealth of the USA
USA: Puerto Rico, unincorporated territory of the USA
USA: Virgin Islands of the USA
USA: Wake Island

This list does not explains that medical exam is required or not for the person who is living in Texas, USA

(Also the help given with the question does not forward me to "Designated Countries" page, instead it takes me to "Find out if you need a medical exam" page )

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Texas comes under the continental USA , Hawaii line which covers all 50 US states , the rest are not US states , so the answer is there.

Your original question was not specific enough to highlight the question was medical related.

Last edited:

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
Texas comes under the continental USA , Hawaii line which covers all 50 US states , the rest are not US states , so the answer is there.

Your original question was not specific enough to highlight the question was medical related.
Thanking you so much for your reply.