+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Two PCC is required from canada and india?

AspirantCanadaLove

Oct 2, 2017
HI

I have worked in canada for around one year (2015) and now planning to apply PR now

So think I can apply in "Canada Experience Class" (** correct me if i am wrong)

My question is about PCC
1. I can get PCC from india as per the normal process and procedure after ITA
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-a-police-clearance-certificate-in-order-to-apply-for-Canada-PR

2. Since i had stayed for more than year in Canada, should i need to apply to PCC for canada from India
i had checked below site but didnt get head or tail
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

If yes, how and what is step by step process to get it

Thanks

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
HI

I have worked in canada for around one year (2015) and now planning to apply PR now

So think I can apply in "Canada Experience Class" (** correct me if i am wrong)

My question is about PCC
1. I can get PCC from india as per the normal process and procedure after ITA
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-a-police-clearance-certificate-in-order-to-apply-for-Canada-PR

2. Since i had stayed for more than year in Canada, should i need to apply to PCC for canada from India
i had checked below site but didnt get head or tail
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

If yes, how and what is step by step process to get it

Thanks
Yes, you should apply for a Canadian PCC from India because you were here for more than 6 months consecutively...

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Not true. He (or anyone else) is not required to submit Canadian PCC.

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

So essentially, you want him to wait until it is requested by IRCC because they will request one. He/she is currently in India and previously they worked in Canada for 1 year. It is mandatory that everyone who is applying for PR in Express Entry provide a PCC from every single country they have visited for 6 months, consecutively or not since the age of 18 years.

If our dear friend is applying for PR from India he/she will need to submit a Canadian PCC because:

1. He is no longer in Canada where the request could possibly be waived. Also, please be mindful that many applicants here in Canada have received a request for RCMP PCC.

2. The most obvious, he lived in Canada for 6+ months.

So while he is not required to submit one until a specific request for same has been issued, he will save himself a lot of time in processing by submitting one along with his complete application.

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
So essentially, you want him to wait until it is requested by IRCC because they will request one. He/she is currently in India and previously they worked in Canada for 1 year. It is mandatory that everyone who is applying for PR in Express Entry provide a PCC from every single country they have visited for 6 months, consecutively or not since the age of 18 years.

If our dear friend is applying for PR from India he/she will need to submit a Canadian PCC because:

1. He is no longer in Canada where the request could possibly be waived. Also, please be mindful that many applicants here in Canada have received a request for RCMP PCC.

2. The most obvious, he lived in Canada for 6+ months.

So while he is not required to submit one until a specific request for same has been issued, he will save himself a lot of time in processing by submitting one along with his complete application.

It is not mandatory to submit the Canada PCC upfront even if you are not living in Canada presently. I worked in Canada for 1 year and then moved back to India and applied for the PR from India. I did not submit any PCC for Canada. I received the PPR request last week and CIC never asked for my Canadian PCC. So it is not mandatory to submit it upfront. If required CIC will ask for it.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So essentially, you want him to wait until it is requested by IRCC because they will request one... He/she is currently in India and previously they worked in Canada for 1 year. . .
Sorry, this is all wrong.

IRCC automatically conducts name-based checks in Canada for ALL applicants. That is why PCCs from Canada are not required.

The only time a fingerprint-based RCMP check is required (on request only) is if the name-based check returns a criminal record. Then, fingerprints are required to determine whether the applicant is the same person or not.

If you have a common name, the potential for this happening is a bit higher.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to get it done, but it is most likely a waste of effort and money.

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
@DelPiero07 I came to Canada when I was 17 and only visited my home country once for two weeks, will I need to get police certificate from my home country ? Seeing that cic says you only need to get pcc from the country you have spent more than 6 months since the age of 18

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 I came to Canada when I was 17 and only visited my home country once for two weeks, will I need to get police certificate from my home country ? Seeing that cic says you only need to get pcc from the country you have spent more than 6 months since the age of 18
You don't need one so you can upload a letter in the PCC placeholder stating the reason. That being said there have been cases where the processing officer asks for a police certificate even if the applicant only spent a few weeks in X country.

Reactions: Joe Reigo

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
You don't need one so you can upload a letter in the PCC placeholder stating the reason. That being said there have been cases where the processing officer asks for a police certificate even if the applicant only spent a few weeks in X country.
Thanks for the input, really appreciate it

Sep 20, 2018
I want to apply for a Canada PR. I am from India but staying in Canada. How do I get my Police Clearance Certificate in Canada ? Will I have to travel to India just to get my PCC. Can someone pleaae guide me through the process ?

kkaran01

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I do have one question if person get 18 years old on 7th April and came to Canada on 21st April, stayed in india for like 2 weeks after she turned into 18. She still need to get PCC done from india ?
please Help