+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is travelling prohibited meanwhile waiting for PR?

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am a bit confused..
Pls, tell me: When I am getting married with my Canadian boyfriend this spring in Canada, we are going to
apply for PR for me and my son with sponsorship. After the marriage I have to go back for work with my son to Finland,
for a while and arrange all the stuff for the move (sell my apartment etc) where from I am about to apply for PR (through London).
May I after that, travel with my son to Canada to stay for let´s say some months (may stay in the Canada for 6 months without a Visa) and travel back to Finland if needed meanwhile the PR process is on? I.e will I be able to travel in and out while I am waiting for my PR?

Someone here said that when applying for PR you have to either stay in your country (outland) or in Canada (inland)..is that true?

Do I still have the right to travel from Canada (to Finland, or somewhere else) meanwhile I am waiting for the PR?

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
Scandinavian said:
Hi all,

I am a bit confused..
Pls, tell me: When I am getting married with my Canadian boyfriend this spring in Canada, we are going to
apply for PR for me and my son with sponsorship. After the marriage I have to go back for work with my son to Finland,
for a while and arrange all the stuff for the move (sell my apartment etc) where from I am about to apply for PR (through London).
May I after that, travel with my son to Canada to stay for let´s say some months (may stay in the Canada for 6 months without a Visa) and travel back to Finland if needed meanwhile the PR process is on? I.e will I be able to travel in and out while I am waiting for my PR?

Someone here said that when applying for PR you have to either stay in your country (outland) or in Canada (inland)..is that true?

Do I still have the right to travel from Canada (to Finland, or somewhere else) meanwhile I am waiting for the PR?
Hi. I presume that you, as a citizen or permanent resident of Finland, does not need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor. If this is correct, then there should be no problem entering Canada despite you having an application for a permanent resident visa. It has never been a policy that you cannot travel to Canada when you have submitted an application for permanent residence. Commonwealth nations allow their citizens to enter member countries without a tourist visa, and stay there for a limited amount of time, for example a maximum of six months. Likewise I do not know of any policy that you should be in your home country while waiting for your PR visa. By all means you can travel wherever you want. You can also check the website of citizenship & immigration Canada at cic.gc.ca to see other related info as applicable to your situation. Hope this helps!

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply! Yes I do not need a visitor Visa to Canada and it´s maximum 6 months
which I am happy about. Will check at the immigration page. I just want to be prepared for everything,
bad and good scenarios! :) I was reading a blog written by a Finnish young woman who was sponsored by
her Canadian common in law and she said that she got her PR in 3 months (!) after applying..but I guess she
had the advantage cause she had been studying and living in Canada for the past year when applying.

kamille12

Apr 2, 2012
Hi,

I submitted my MPNP last February 2012. But I got a job offer abroad. I am currently residing here in the Philippines. I would just like to ask if it is advisable to go to other country while waiting for the LOA of Manitoba?? Do LOA have an expiration in which I need to finish all the visa processing and medical in a specific amount of time? Can I change visa office once in the middle of application?

I heard it would take 1-2 years under General Stream. Can you guys further explain the step to step process in MPNP. (from submission of application to Visa release.)

I am having a difficult time weighing my options. To wait here in the Philipiines for another 1-2 years or work temporarily abroad to save up money for my immigtration in Canada. Any reply would be appreaciated.

Thank you!

keyrcaren

May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
Nomination.....
27-08-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2014
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
soon..
kamille12 said:
Hi,

I submitted my MPNP last February 2012. But I got a job offer abroad. I am currently residing here in the Philippines. I would just like to ask if it is advisable to go to other country while waiting for the LOA of Manitoba?? Do LOA have an expiration in which I need to finish all the visa processing and medical in a specific amount of time? Can I change visa office once in the middle of application?

I heard it would take 1-2 years under General Stream. Can you guys further explain the step to step process in MPNP. (from submission of application to Visa release.)

I am having a difficult time weighing my options. To wait here in the Philipiines for another 1-2 years or work temporarily abroad to save up money for my immigtration in Canada. Any reply would be appreaciated.

Thank you!

hi kamille! i think we have the same situation. In my case, SINP under Family Category naman.. have you decided to work temporarily abroad? ako, im still gathering suggestions.. hope i'll make the right decision soon.. :)