+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is transit Visa Required for flight ?

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Dear Members,

I am planning to book my tickets .wanted to know if transit visa required for Jet airways flight from bombay via heathrow or brussels to toronto.
If yes than what is the procedure to get one.Please guide me to any existing thread if it is already present.
waiting for all your replies.

Thanks in advance,

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
- CIO...: Aug 2010 NDVO...:Jan 2011
Med's Done....
April 01, 2013 MR Line....: April 14, 2013
desirecanada said:
Dear Members,

I am planning to book my tickets .wanted to know if transit visa required for Jet airways flight from bombay via heathrow or brussels to toronto.
If yes than what is the procedure to get one.Please guide me to any existing thread if it is already present.
waiting for all your replies.

Thanks in advance,
Transit visa not required for UK or Europe. Its only for US flights. and I guess layover at Heathrow is very less..2-3 hours or so.

But please confirm with any air ticket agent in your city.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with satnak.

You don't need a transit visa for the said routes to Toronto because stop over is in Europe or UK. Usually, the travel agent or Airlines will specify while you make the reservation if a transit is a is required.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Dear members..thanks for the reply..my visa expires on 10th of july..now if i plan to go to toronto on 1st and return on 15th ..will i need any visa for travel on 15th as my visa will expire on 10th?

please help!!!!!

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desirecanada said:
Dear members..thanks for the reply..my visa expires on 10th of july..now if i plan to go to toronto on 1st and return on 15th ..will i need any visa for travel on 15th as my visa will expire on 10th?

please help!!!!!
No, you will not need a visa on 15th to exit Canada. But, you cannot re-enter Canada in the future if you do not have a permanent resident card. So, it is advisable to stay in Canada for 55 days, collect the permanent resident card & then exit Canada for future re-entry to Canada. It takes 55 days to issue a new permanent resident card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have reasons to return after landing in Canada, you can leave any day even before getting the PR Card. You have two options:

1. Entrust a relative or friend to send you the PR card when it is received at your Canadian address. It can be mailed to you by express mail, courier or through any person.

2. If you did not get your PR card before re-entering Canada, apply for a travel document from the Canadian embassy from the country where you live,

You don't need any other visa for Canada.