+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS TOEFL fully valid and accepted in canada for student visa ??

Tejinder sidhu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
let me know anyone knows about perfectly about it some people said its not fully acceptable i am bit confused and worried i passed my +2 in 2018 i want to apply my application in undergraduate course

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
IELTS is only a requirement if you apply under SDS. Otherwise PTE, TOEFL, IELTS, and even DuoLingo (although DuoLingo is only accepted by a handful of colleges/unis) are all valid.

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
let me know anyone knows about perfectly about it some people said its not fully acceptable i am bit confused and worried i passed my +2 in 2018 i want to apply my application in undergraduate course
Well i won’t advise you as it’s harder than IELTS & you gotta score min 100-110 marks at least so better opt for IELTS as it’s much more easier, I scored 83 in TOEFL & when i appeared for IELTS I made it to 7.5

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Well i won’t advise you as it’s harder than IELTS & you gotta score min 100-110 marks at least so better opt for IELTS as it’s much more easier, I scored 83 in TOEFL & when i appeared for IELTS I made it to 7.5
Gotta disagree with that. I've done all three - PTE, TOEFL and IELTS (all Academic versions) and PTE was the absolute easiest. TOEFL and IELTS are similar in difficulty in reading but I felt that listening, speaking, and writing in IELTS were harder than TOEFL. Also you get no breaks in IELTS - it's all back-to-back.

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Gotta disagree with that. I've done all three - PTE, TOEFL and IELTS (all Academic versions) and PTE was the absolute easiest. TOEFL and IELTS are similar in difficulty in reading but I felt that listening, speaking, and writing in IELTS were harder than TOEFL. Also you get no breaks in IELTS - it's all back-to-back.
Trend is your friend why most people appear for IELTS? rather TOEFL lol but anyways do whatever gets the best result and I don’t think break matters also you have to record stuff in TOEFL where you get a 1 to 1 conversation in IELTS