+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this what copr looks like?

Mucho268

Dec 8, 2020
hi I got this message today "
Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client.
".. is this what copr looks like? does this mean my application is 100% completed?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
".. is this what copr looks like? does this mean my application is 100% completed?
No, this is invitation to what most are calling the 'virtual landing' portal. (Equivalent of passport request when abroad). It's not complete until you complete the steps described.

You go through the steps they invite you to do, and you will get an electronicCOPR (eCOPR) and eventually your PR card. You're 'done' - once you have the eCOPR you are a PR and you can go get a SIN and health care card or whatever else you need.

But apart from submitting the right photograph and following the instructions - you're 'done' and any remaining approvals should be automatic.

Congrats!

Reactions: Mucho268

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I meant to add: I think that when you get the ecopr you will also get an email saying "you are now a PR." there are threads on this and you can check, although small changes happen.