+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this way eligible? Urgent

ARFX

Jun 23, 2010
Hello

I'm new to this forum.

I have found a canadian university that accpets a lot of my previous degree courses and after one year (12 months) of study, it gives a new BSc. degree. Then I'm eligible for 1 year of work in canada.

I think according to this page of CIC:
"Canadian Experience Class: Who can apply – Requirements for graduates"

my education must be 2 years, but 4 semesters is also accepted as two years and 16 months alos accepted as two years. Anyhow, university International officer insists that the program is right choice for me.

I want to ask two questions:
1- Is this program right for me?
2- What if it takes time for me to find my job? It seems my eligiblity for finding and starting job is very marginal.

I will apply very soon and very soon I need to quite my current job, so I will appreciate accurate answers.

Could you please help?
Best Regards

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ARFX said:
Hello

I'm new to this forum.

I have found a canadian university that accpets a lot of my previous degree courses and after one year (12 months) of study, it gives a new BSc. degree. Then I'm eligible for 1 year of work in canada.

my education must be 2 years, but 4 semesters is also accepted as two years and 16 months alos accepted as two years. Anyhow, university International officer insists that the program is right choice for me.

Of course they do. They want your money.

2- What if it takes time for me to find my job? It seems my eligiblity for finding and starting job is very marginal.
This plan will not make you eligible for the CEC class. You need at least 2 years of study and complete a degree or diploma to be eligible under the Post-Graduation Stream. What you could do is the 1 year course, get the BSc, and then do a 1 year masters degree. Then you would still have to work for at least 1 year in a skilled occupation. Two years of study would give you a longer Post Graduate Work Permit (2 years), so more time to find the job and complete the 1 year work requirement.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

However, after the 1 year BSc program you *may* qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker program, category 3 (FSW3). I say "may" because it is much more complicated, you would need one year of previous work experience in a skilled occupation (doesn't have to be in Canada, just in the past 10 years), and a number of other requirements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

ARFX

Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for your answer.

Then, How can I find a one year masters in canada? Masters degree in canada is two years.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check this out:

http://www.canadian-universities.net/MBA/Master_of_Science_in_Management.html

There's a 1 year Master of Science in Management Degree at University of Lethbridge in Alberta!

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
ARFX said:
Hello

I'm new to this forum.

I will apply very soon and very soon I need to quite my current job, so I will appreciate accurate answers.

Could you please help?
Best Regards
WHICH UNIS that u mentioned accepts a lot of yr previous university credits? care to share?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every universities are different. You should contact the university yourself...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ARFX said:
Then, How can I find a one year masters in canada? Masters degree in canada is two years.
You're right, most masters degrees are two (or more) years, and if you're interested in a master's degree, you should pick the program that is right for you (not because it is the shortest).

However, there are some 1 year degree programs (like MBAs), if that is of interest to you. If you read the OP 25 (I gave you the link) at the end there are some "scenarios" about what qualifies and what doesn't - that might give you some ideas.