+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this suitable for NOC 2147

sam946

Aug 9, 2019
Hi Everyone

I am not sure what is my NOC, whether is 2281 or 2147
I work as level 3 network engineer at a service provider, and I work with enterprise networks and provider edges, so I don't deal with end users or maintain servers.. tbh, the distinction between both NOCs are not clear to me and I match bits of both, so thanks to help me

Here is my job duties::
Working at one of the leading multinational service providers, my job duties include:

· Applying in-depth knowledge of various routing protocols (BPG, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP) to timely fix complex routing issues as they arise within the customer network

· Identifying issues with customers design and issues within the provider's backbone as they arise

· Performing operational changes and passing recommendations to optimize future performance of customer network

· Collaborating with the industry's leading vendors (Cisco and Juniper) to identify equipment operating system bugs and limitations that impact customer network performance, and subsequently test for potential fixes, changes, or upgrades.

· Applying in-depth knowledge of Inter-AS Routing, MPLS and MP-BGP to manage the provider's Autonomous System Border Routers and to ensure correct routing and exchange of customer data between our backbone and its peering Service providers.

· Performing tests with the peering Service Providers and performing changes in customer network to work around other providers' limitations.

· Applying in-depth knowledge of switching technologies (STP protocols, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, Virtual Switching System, Ethernet channels) to timely fix customers' escalated layer 2 issues.

· Applying in-depth knowledge of Wireless communication and equipment to resolve escalated issue with customers' wireless data connections across various SSIDs, Access points and Wireless LAN Controllers.

· Applying in-depth knowledge of Quality of Service (CBWEQ, LLQ, WRED, Shaping and Policing, layer 2 QoS) to optimize and fix issues with network performance, especially with the priority classes of data like Voice and Video.

· Applying in-depth knowledge of SD-WAN technologies to resolve escalated issues within customers' Software Defined Network, and ensure its seamless integration with legacy networks.

· Providing remote support for field engineers and network technicians.

· Documenting well-known errors along with their fixes or workarounds, and sharing them with other technical teams within the provider's hierarchy.

· Providing Route Causes Analysis after major crises with customers' networks.

· Conducting technical trainings for various teams, in order to upgrade the service level offered to customers