+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this possible.get your husband into Canada without sponsoring him?

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Hey guys
I really can't belive this,but i have a good friend she is from alberta. she said that when she got married with her Moroccan husband 3 years ago.she didn't sponsor him but they went to the embassy in Rabat with her forms and his forms and her passport and his passport and they apply there and the file went to Ottawa in Ontario and after a month he got his permanent residence and moved to canada to be with her...i really dont understand!!!!could this be possible...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nope - not possible for spousal sponsorship.

I went through the sponsorship process three years ago (started collecting info in 2009, applied in 2010). The process hasn't changed one bit. It's still the same now as it was then. They would have applied through Mississauga just like outlanders do today.

Not sure why she would be misrepresnting the truth...

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
scylla said:
Nope - not possible for spousal sponsorship.

I went through the sponsorship process three years ago (started collecting info in 2009, applied in 2010). The process hasn't changed one bit. It's still the same now as it was then. They would have applied through Mississauga just like outlanders do today.

Not sure why she would be misrepresnting the truth...
i really dont understand i told her the same that she should go by Mississauga first...she said now she didn't do that...but she has sponsored her first husband from south Africa years years ago,she was married for 12 years and then divorced...now she said that this new husband,she has started a business in Canada in their name together so she included him as an associate.that's why they haven't gone through spousal sponsorship...she is a good friend to me no need to lie...i do believe her...she said they her husband did apply as a skilled worker and that's why he got the permanent residence

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK - well that changes things. It sounds like the immigrated through a process other than spousal sponsorship.

There are many many different ways this could have happened (federal skilled program, entrepreneur, investor, provincial nominee, quebec, etc.) - including coming here on a temporary basis first and then becoming permanent. She would have to provide more details (name of the program he applied through, etc.) for us to be able to comment further.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
it's a very complicated story...now she is divorced...he lived with her for a year or so there and she found out he was lying about a few things and then when he came for a visit to Morocco,she said ,,,he got into a fight with somebody and that put him into lots of troubles,so he can't go back to Canada now,but he got married again with a woman from Nova Scotia...hoping she would sponsor him to get back to Canada...My friend told me she got her divorce...and she contacted the immigration services there.and they have visited her house and took the logs from her laptop and everything...and she told them that guy was dangerous on her and her family...i just dont wanna keep asking her question about this,because i know she gets upset when she thinks about him.she was in love with him

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
gladiateur19 said:
it's a very complicated story...now she is divorced...he lived with her for a year or so there and she found out he was lying about a few things and then when he came for a visit to Morocco,she said ,,,he got into a fight with somebody and that put him into lots of troubles,so he can't go back to Canada now,but he got married again with a woman from Nova Scotia...hoping she would sponsor him to get back to Canada...My friend told me she got her divorce...and she contacted the immigration services there.and they have visited her house and took the logs from her laptop and everything...and she told them that guy was dangerous on her and her family...i just dont wanna keep asking her question about this,because i know she gets upset when she thinks about him.she was in love with him
Wow. He must REALLY hate Morocco if he's willing to pull two marriage frauds to get away from it!