+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this plan any good ?

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

After battling with the Canadian Immigration system since 3 years i have finally got my PR, now i'm back in India and i have met a beautiful girl, we plan to get married soon, so my question is how do i get her fast enough to Canada. Canadian Immigration has taken way too much time of my life now and i need to battle it again to get her here ASAP.
Here are my thoughts, before we get married I will tell my wife-to-be to apply for Canadian Visitor Visa, if she gets it then we proceed with the plan or else she needs to wait in India for how much ever time NDVO takes. Also a side Question: How much time does NDVO actually take ?
So here's the plan:
> She applies for Visitor Visa and comes to Canada if granted
> We get married in Canada
> We apply for Spousal Sponsorship through Inland
> 2-3 Days later we apply for Spousal Work Permit through the Pilot program (That way she can work till her Sponsorship is complete)

Does this plan sound good, all seniors please comment.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hello all,

After battling with the Canadian Immigration system since 3 years i have finally got my PR, now i'm back in India and i have met a beautiful girl, we plan to get married soon, so my question is how do i get her fast enough to Canada. Canadian Immigration has taken way too much time of my life now and i need to battle it again to get her here ASAP.
Here are my thoughts, before we get married I will tell my wife-to-be to apply for Canadian Visitor Visa, if she gets it then we proceed with the plan or else she needs to wait in India for how much ever time NDVO takes. Also a side Question: How much time does NDVO actually take ?
So here's the plan:
> She applies for Visitor Visa and comes to Canada if granted
> We get married in Canada
> We apply for Spousal Sponsorship through Inland
> 2-3 Days later we apply for Spousal Work Permit through the Pilot program (That way she can work till her Sponsorship is complete)

Does this plan sound good, all seniors please comment.
I suggest you take a look at the spousal sponsorship checklist. It will give you an idea of all you require! Start collecting your docs or preparing for the proof that you will require which in most cases you will not have since you just met this girl!
The process has gotten faster from
7th Dec, 2016 including new forms. Jan 2017 applicants from New Delhi are currently getting their passport requests, just to give you an idea of processing times!