SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello everyone,
I just received this email from Bogota VO and I don't know if this means if our sponsorship was approved:

"Dear Madam:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:

- The original passport for yourself.

- Medical examination (The instructions were sent by e-mail to the registered e-mail address on your application)

- Four (4) photographs of you: 50mm x 70mm and white background. Please identify one photo (1) by writing the subject’s name and date of birth in the back of the photograph. The other photos should not have any writing on the back. For more information please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Please send the passport as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa is limited and is usually not extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident. Should you not submit your passport before the end of validity of your visa, we will assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application will be closed.

If this were the case and you would still wish to go to Canada as a Permanent Resident, you would need to reapply and would be required to submit a new application and a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is filed."

My medical exams are expired since March, therefore I believe that's why they are asking for medical examinations again.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hello everyone,
I just received this email from Bogota VO and I don't know if this means if our sponsorship was approved:

"Dear Madam:

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:

- Medical examination (The instructions were sent by e-mail to the registered e-mail address on your application)

- Four (4) photographs of you: 50mm x 70mm and white background. Please identify one photo (1) by writing the subject’s name and date of birth in the back of the photograph. The other photos should not have any writing on the back. For more information please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Please send the passport as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa is limited and is usually not extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident. Should you not submit your passport before the end of validity of your visa, we will assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application will be closed.

If this were the case and you would still wish to go to Canada as a Permanent Resident, you would need to reapply and would be required to submit a new application and a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is filed."

My medical exams are expired since March, therefore I believe that's why they are asking for medical examinations again.
Hi JJ! Yes, this is the passport request! That's Great! Congrats!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
Hi JJ! Yes, this is the passport request! That's Great! Congrats!
MARCAR!!! THANK YOU!! I'm in shock right now!

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
MARCAR!!! THANK YOU!! I'm in shock right now!
That is awesome! :D

I wish I could help you with the medical part though! :( Just to be on the safe side, look through all the e-mails they have sent to you! maybe somewhere in them is the answer to the medicals! Cheers!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
That is awesome! :D

I wish I could help you with the medical part though! :( Just to be on the safe side, look through all the e-mails they have sent to you! maybe somewhere in them is the answer to the medicals! Cheers!
I know!! I'm actually looking at all emails and the only one that talks about medicals is my SA, but in any part it says about the e-medical system number, which I would need it to get them done again. I'm thinking of sending the a specific case inquiry and ask them for it.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
I know!! I'm actually looking at all emails and the only one that talks about medicals is my SA, but in any part it says about the e-medical system number, which I would need it to get them done again. I'm thinking of sending the a specific case inquiry and ask them for it.

JJ, as far as I know you only need your UCI number for medicals, and you should have gotten it when you got AOR 2 (transfer of files to Bogota VO). Does any of the emails makes reference to extension of medicals? Sometimes the extend them six more months... :D

Yes, send the specific case inquiry. :D

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
JJ, as far as I know you only need your UCI number for medicals, and you should have gotten it when you got AOR 2 (transfer of files to Bogota VO). Does any of the emails makes reference to extension of medicals? Sometimes the extend them six more months... :D

Yes, send the specific case inquiry. :D
I don't have any email saying that they will extend them. When I tried getting them done a couple of months ago, the physician from my city could not log in with my information nor my passport because medicals were still valid.

Let's see how that goes!

RDN

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
File Transfer...
23-06-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
15-03-2016
Congratulations! Are you able to just send it by post or you have to go there to submit?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
RDN said:
Congratulations! Are you able to just send it by post or you have to go there to submit?
Thank you RDN! Luckily for Bogota VO we could send all papers in through mail and there is no need to go there personally to submit them.

RDN

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
File Transfer...
23-06-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
15-03-2016
That's good! Do you know where I can get information on this. My visa office is Hong Kong. I'm worried they might ask me to give the passport in person... Because I just heard that Moscow office asks people to submit the passport in person..

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
RDN said:
That's good! Do you know where I can get information on this. My visa office is Hong Kong. I'm worried they might ask me to give the passport in person... Because I just heard that Moscow office asks people to submit the passport in person..
I suggest you ask other Hong Kong applicants, each VO is different, therefore I really don't know what to tell you. Hope you have a speedy process!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hello everyone,

"Dear Madam:

Please submit:

Hey ,
how can your medicals expire on March if you are a Feb 27 , 2016 applicant ?

Congratulations .

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
TANMEX said:
Hey ,
how can your medicals expire on March if you are a Feb 27 , 2016 applicant ?

Congratulations .
Thanks!! I got them done last year in March 2015 because my husband was supposed to apply by that time, but a bunch of things delayed or application and we were able to finally apply on February of this year. They hadn't request medical exams until now.