+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this oppurtunity Real or fake?

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
I got email from someone saying that they are a canadian company and willing to hire engineers to be working for startups in the US but working from canada... anyone heard about this? My red flag on this feels like they have tie up with canada govt.

the complete email content is below

"Hi Mr.D
My name is Reid and I'm the Head of Operations at Mobsquad. we are a canadian company currently hiring top-tier software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists. Our employees are based in canada, and they are paired with the U.S based start-ups on an exclusive, long-term basis. By doing this, we are combining the wonderful quality of life and immigration system that canada offers with the technical opportunities of top silicon valley startups.
Beyond offering high-quality jobs, we also offer full-service immigration. We have partnered with the canadian govt to get successsful candidates into canada in as little as four weeks and they each have a clear path to permanent residency status or canadian citizenship.

if any of this sounds interesting it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks Mr.D

-Reid"

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I got email from someone saying that they are a canadian company and willing to hire engineers to be working for startups in the US but working from canada... anyone heard about this? My red flag on this feels like they have tie up with canada govt.

"Hi Mr.D
My name is Reid and I'm the Head of Operations at Mobsquad. we are a canadian company currently hiring top-tier software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists. Our employees are based in canada, and they are paired with the U.S based start-ups on an exclusive, long-term basis. By doing this, we are combining the wonderful quality of life and immigration system that canada offers with the technical opportunities of top silicon valley startups.
Beyond offering high-quality jobs, we also offer full-service immigration. We have partnered with the canadian govt to get successsful candidates into canada in as little as four weeks and they each have a clear path to permanent residency status or canadian citizenship.

Thanks Mr.D

-Reid"
FAKE..

Reactions: Vpalanimuthu

esssuri

Aug 5, 2018

"Hi Mr.D

Thanks Mr.D

-Reid"
For me, it seems fake. Nobody can get you a PR in Canada in just 4 weeks. Thats not how the immigration works here!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. Will they be able to provide a job without work permit - does work permit take only less than 4 weeks?
No they definitely will require a work permit. There is a fast track program for high skilled workers. Although they advertise processing in 2-4 weeks it can often take longer. I would do some research and of course not pay anyone. I'd ask about the employers interested and job opportunities that are currently available if you are interested. The cost of living is quite high in cities like Toronto and Vancouver so that would need to be considered as well.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Don't think it's fake. Are you a software engineer?
What about the spelling mistakes, the abbreviations in the letter? Okay, maybe OP just retyped it, but still..
Getting an offer of employment without having applied for the job to a resident outside Canada?

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
No they definitely will require a work permit. There is a fast track program for high skilled workers. Although they advertise processing in 2-4 weeks it can often take longer. I would do some research and of course not pay anyone. I'd ask about the employers interested and job opportunities that are currently available if you are interested. The cost of living is quite high in cities like Toronto and Vancouver so that would need to be considered as well.
Thanks. I will do so.

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
What about the spelling mistakes, the abbreviations in the letter? Okay, maybe OP just retyped it, but still..
Getting an offer of employment without having applied for the job to a resident outside Canada?
yes. I retyped. sorry for the confusion. I searched their webpage and linked in profile. it looks ok. they may be some type of consultant. will use caution and reach out to them.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Looks like a tech recruitment firm.
Just wondering if they are such big company how unusual that CEO and co founder sending this email himself - Company and person itself looks genuine though. Proceed with caution is best answer for OP probably :)

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Just wondering if they are such big company how unusual that CEO and co founder sending this email himself - Company and person itself looks genuine though. Proceed with caution is best answer for OP probably :)
probably a start up in canada.. Couldn't find anything bad right away other than the 4weeks... will respond and see if more red flags pop up..