+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this noc 1241 or 1411?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hey all, so the duties for 1241 and 1411 have a lot of overlap. my partner's reference letter has the following duties: (highllighted the matching ones)

• *Perform reception duties; answer main office line, respond to tent requests as well as walk-in traffic*
*Order office supplies and cleaning supplies for the building*
• *Sort and coordinate courier and mail*
•* Respond to daily email requests from tenants*
•* Database administration – logging tenant requests into the Angus database system*

• Control the key sign out process for roof access
• Direct information to co-workers to complete requests and address the needs of tenants
• Assist clients with coordinating facility requirement for their events
• Update internal building management documents and call lists
• *Draft memos for building distribution as required*
• Follow up with insurance certificates for contractor and tenants
• Filing as needed
• Banking – deposits
• Back-up for Property Administrator

the official list for the noc 1241 is as follows:
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
  • May organize conferences.
while the ones for 1411 are:

General office support workers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes or dictaphone
  • Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
  • Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
  • Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
  • Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
  • Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
  • Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
  • Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
  • Assist with administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
  • Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
  • May perform basic bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
  • May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
  • May organize the flow of work for other office support workers.
it seems the main difference is that 1411 is more concerned with redirecting requests, emails, documents etc while 1241 actually directly answers those, drafts the emails and memos, addresses the needs of clients, etc.

any thoughts? i guess if i asked the employer to add 'record and prepare meeting minutes' it would balance it toward admin assistant (which she actually does, just wasnt added)

Last edited:
Reactions: vaidscorpio

vaidscorpio

Feb 23, 2015
Hey all, so the duties for 1241 and 1411 have a lot of overlap. my partner's reference letter has the following duties: (highllighted the matching ones)

• *Perform reception duties; answer main office line, respond to tent requests as well as walk-in traffic*
*Order office supplies and cleaning supplies for the building*
• *Sort and coordinate courier and mail*
•* Respond to daily email requests from tenants*
•* Database administration – logging tenant requests into the Angus database system*

• Control the key sign out process for roof access
• Direct information to co-workers to complete requests and address the needs of tenants
• Assist clients with coordinating facility requirement for their events
• Update internal building management documents and call lists
• *Draft memos for building distribution as required*
• Follow up with insurance certificates for contractor and tenants
• Filing as needed
• Banking – deposits
• Back-up for Property Administrator

the official list for the noc 1241 is as follows:
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
  • May organize conferences.
while the ones for 1411 are:

General office support workers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes or dictaphone
  • Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
  • Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
  • Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
  • Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
  • Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
  • Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
  • Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
  • Assist with administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
  • Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
  • May perform basic bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
  • May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
  • May organize the flow of work for other office support workers.
it seems the main difference is that 1411 is more concerned with redirecting requests, emails, documents etc while 1241 actually directly answers those, drafts the emails and memos, addresses the needs of clients, etc.

any thoughts? i guess if i asked the employer to add 'record and prepare meeting minutes' it would balance it toward admin assistant (which she actually does, just wasnt added)
Hey i am also confused on the same role, did you get any clarity on both noc. Can you plz share the reference letter.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hey i am also confused on the same role, did you get any clarity on both noc. Can you plz share the reference letter.
no idea-- we ended up getting the pr based on my work exp -- i was asking that in case mine got rejected and we used her exp as the primary applicant. good luck tho!

Reactions: vaidscorpio