+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this misrepresentation of myself please guys!

richie4U

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 october 2010
File Transfer...
15 november 2010
Med's Done....
08 august 2010
Interview........
01 febuary 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01 febuary 2011
LANDED..........
08 febuary 2011
Schedule 1 background/declaration, number 9 question in the point 4 of the question which says have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? I answered no. because I don’t really understand the question, in 2007 I wanted to do my masters degree in university of Brussels in Belgium but I was refused a student visa, under the basics that my guarantor who is my uncle did not have enough money in his account and when I appealed I was refused again. but did not applied again.
Should I have answered YES and explained instead of NO please let me know guys so I would know what to do, and I hope is not misrepresentation of me. Thanks guys

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you should mention YES with the details in the box provided.... please follow this chain...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-visagracious-seniors-everybody-pls-help-t51950.0.html

richie4U said:
Schedule 1 background/declaration, number 9 question in the point 4 of the question which says have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? I answered no. because I don't really understand the question, in 2007 I wanted to do my masters degree in university of Brussels in Belgium but I was refused a student visa, under the basics that my guarantor who is my uncle did not have enough money in his account and when I appealed I was refused again. but did not applied again.
Should I have answered YES and explained instead of NO please let me know guys so I would know what to do, and I hope is not misrepresentation of me. Thanks guys

richie4U

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 october 2010
File Transfer...
15 november 2010
Med's Done....
08 august 2010
Interview........
01 febuary 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01 febuary 2011
LANDED..........
08 febuary 2011
ainpfamily said:
you should mention YES with the details in the box provided.... please follow this chain...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-visagracious-seniors-everybody-pls-help-t51950.0.html
the refusal visa from the country i applied for my student visa is in my old passport, but i have my new passport now, so should i email cic then to inform then right away.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
our rejections were also in the old passport. but for the safe side i sent the communication to cic.

richie4U said:
the refusal visa from the country i applied for my student visa is in my old passport, but i have my new passport now, so should i email cic then to inform then right away.

richie4U

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 october 2010
File Transfer...
15 november 2010
Med's Done....
08 august 2010
Interview........
01 febuary 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01 febuary 2011
LANDED..........
08 febuary 2011
ainpfamily said:
our rejections were also in the old passport. but for the safe side i sent the communication to cic.
ok thanks i will do that right away you have been helpful . i hope we all get through all these.

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
I had this same issue and was told that 'refused admission to' meant literally being turned away at the border. Not just a simple visa refusal. Therefore we ticked NO. We ticked YES for points 2 and 3 of the same question however, with the explanation in the box.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Being refused admission to a country is different from being refused a visa. Someone with a visa may be refused admission to a country, actually. It all depends on whether the Immigration/Customs Officer doubts their intentions or the validity of their documents or something similar.

You would answer YES if you had been in Belgium and told to leave, not if you were simply refused a visa to go there at all.

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
mmm..this thread has got me thinking..My husband has traveled about 2 times on business for 1 week or less each time. Where in the application do we say this..He never mentioned this as we dint see any question that was requesting this info. On listing all addresses do we include addresses i.e hotels he stayed in on business...If so we are thinking of writing a letter with that info just in case they may need it. What do you guys think..On the personal history question we just accounted for the time he was studying in England, and the time he has been working in his native country since then. We never included the travels as they were all part of his job. Did I misunderstand the question somehow. By the way its question 11 on IMM0008 Personal history

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Perfect said:
mmm..this thread has got me thinking..My husband has traveled about 2 times on business for 1 week or less each time. Where in the application do we say this..He never mentioned this as we dint see any question that was requesting this info. On listing all addresses do we include addresses i.e hotels he stayed in on business...If so we are thinking of writing a letter with that info just in case they may need it. What do you guys think..On the personal history question we just accounted for the time he was studying in England, and the time he has been working in his native country since then. We never included the travels as they were all part of his job. Did I misunderstand the question somehow. By the way its question 11 on IMM0008 Personal history
Surely not - that would be crazy - having to list every business trip, every holiday - just not humanly possible for some of us. It's about places you have lived, not visited for a short time, yes?

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Personally, I would leave it. Adding any extra information at this point will only cause delay. If they bring it up in interview, just say you were never refused admission at the border, and this is what you thought they meant (which is true, otherwise you would have said YES on the application) and you can then say you were denied a visa. I don't think it will ever matter though. My husband was refused a visit visa to Canada (which could show prior intent to try to immigrate) and was never asked about it.

I am looking forward to hearing your good news in the next few months. I hope your interview is waived!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
richie4U said:
Schedule 1 background/declaration, number 9 question in the point 4 of the question which says have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? I answered no. because I don't really understand the question, in 2007 I wanted to do my masters degree in university of Brussels in Belgium but I was refused a student visa, under the basics that my guarantor who is my uncle did not have enough money in his account and when I appealed I was refused again. but did not applied again.
As long as you answered 'yes' to section 3 of question 9, and provided a detailed explanation of your attempt to study in Belgium, you should be fine. The VO will see that you are not trying to hide anything. If asked you can say you thought point 4 was referring to being turned away at the border, whereas obviously point 3 is referring to a refused visa.

elkan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
13-05-2011
Hmmm, my partner also answered no to this question because I think we misunderstood it. He WAS refused entry into Canada in 2009 at the port of entry (Sarnia) but they said he could revoke his intention to enter Canada and he signed a document. They just wanted him to go back into the US, find an inernet cafe and print of his bank statements. When we came back, they let him in. Should we have answered yes to that question as well? We already submitted our application.

richie4U

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 october 2010
File Transfer...
15 november 2010
Med's Done....
08 august 2010
Interview........
01 febuary 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01 febuary 2011
LANDED..........
08 febuary 2011
well guys i hope every things goes fine, i cant wait to be with my hubby we are missing each other so much,i hope i get my interveiw soon, before we submitted my husband took our application to an immigration lady and she went through our FILE and said we have a very good evidence put together and she wanted to help us, she categoried our application to make it easy for the VO to know where everythings is like the numbers they give them, she said was nice because she went through our application and said she knows that we are geuinue that got me smiling if only she was the vo i would meet in the ineterveiw :) and she made calls to see if were missing anything. and said good. hmmmm welll finger crossed and hoping in GOD. but am going to accra i hope they see that too. thanks guys would let you know what happens as i go on...