+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this job with Fednav fake or real?

km119

Jul 14, 2019
Hi All, I received an email with job offer from Fednav (Montreal), saying that they have also submitted documents to Canada high-commission too.
We just had one call with basic interview question, nothing technical at all. They are not asking me for any personal detail, except for my name, passport number and mobile number (no bank details asked). The company website has no "software engineer" position listed. They are not requesting any money as well.
I am pasting the mail here. I got 2 attachment documents as well, one with job conditions, saying all expenses will be bourne by the company and other document is an invitation letter. Need suggestion if this is a fake mail.
(I have deleted the telephone number of johnson white, as this portal wasnt letting me post this thread otherwise)

Attn; Gurpreet Singh,

Through the curriculum vitae/resume of contacted expatriates recommended for the job. Congratulation you have found qualified as one of the expatriates to resume work in office. The organization has appointed you to work as (Software Engineer).

Please note that the above letter attached to this mail is your employment letter, and a copy of it has been forwarded to Consulate General of Canada, for immediate visa endorsement.

DATE OF RESUME: You are requested to resume work in the office 30/04/2020.

*JOB LOCATION: The Fednav Shipping Company Canada,

1000 de La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 3500 Montreal, Quebec H3B 4W5 CANADA

* Ref no: POG/CA/685/20

*JOB SECTION: 2020.

WORK PERIODS: Monday to Fridays, Time: 9.30am to 5.30pm with break period between 12.00noon to 2.00pm.

SALARY INDICATION: Monthly take-home Salary (After tax) is USD$ 7,500.00 (Seven Thousand Five Hundred) Salary can be transferred to any Bank or Country of your choice and all transfers must be made in conformity with the existing tax situation in the CANADA. You will be entitled for the following facilities:

ALLOWANCES, PAID HOME LEAVE, SAFETY AND SECURITY, MEDICAL/HEALTH SERVICE FACILITIES AND INSURANCE PLAN FOR FAMILY, FEEDING AND ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORTATION, ADDITIONAL SERVICES, TELECOMMUNICATION/INTERNET FACILITIES, FAMILY STATUS ARRANGEMENTS,

CLAIMS/ENTITLEMENTS.

There will be no interview since this is manpower job where anybody is fit to work excepting at the health and management sector where the organization required at least first-degree holders in job related. Interview on arrival is designed to facilitate a cordial relationship between expatriates and firm as well as the organizational structure with respect to the job scope. Interviews are also designed to ascertain claims on working experiences and academic/educational qualifications, and should any claim be found wanting the affected expatriate would be deported and such done in conformity with the legal provision? Among reasons for interview on arrival is to establish expatriate’s area of interest considering the project scope in order to facilitate an efficient division of labor on Job Locations with respect to the organization structure.

VISA / WORKING PERMIT PROCESS:

We have mandated a reliable agent who is working with the Consulate General of Canada in India to assure immediate visa processing for all appointed applicant coming from China, India, Middle East and round the Asia to avoid delay causes by visa processing. You are hereby advice at this stage to contact Mr. Johnson White (via email or Tel) by sending a scan copy of your Job Offer Letter/ Your Invitation Latter, a copy of your international passport and a copy of your photograph passport, copy of photo ID for processing of your Visa/relevant travel/immigration documents to enable us ascertain your commitment readiness & willingness to the job take-off.

Due to the sky-scraping number of applicant that we have on our database, all appointed applicants are given (14) days to comply with every requirement demand by the Embassy to get their VISA. Any employees that unable to meet the (14) days deadline given will automatically be disqualified with all personal information deleted from our database for employment.

Contact the agent via e-mail or Tel using the contact details:- Name: Mr. Johnson White E-MAIL: info@vfsglobalvisasupport.com, in VISA/PERMIT Application Centre, VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd, Please very important that you humble yourself before our visa Agent, respect them and follow his instruction to get your visa in due-time to ensure confirmation with our record for immediate delivery of your Air-Ticket together with your Job Offer Letter hard copy direct to the Consulate General of Canada,

Your present location and a day-time telephone number would also be required for sake of efficiency and correspondence. The job programmed Schedule will be made available in due time (no distant time). As a mark of commitment, The Fednav Shipping Company Canada. Will be responsible for Visa fee expenses after your papers clearance with the CIC immigration Canada.

Yours Sincerely,

HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,

The Fednav Shipping Company Canada

Contact Person Mr. George Edwin

Tel: 1.647.846.6401

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, I received an email with job offer from Fednav (Montreal), saying that they have also submitted documents to Canada high-commission too.
We just had one call with basic interview question, nothing technical at all. They are not asking me for any personal detail, except for my name, passport number and mobile number (no bank details asked). The company website has no "software engineer" position listed. They are not requesting any money as well.
I am pasting the mail here. I got 2 attachment documents as well, one with job conditions, saying all expenses will be bourne by the company and other document is an invitation letter. Need suggestion if this is a fake mail.
(I have deleted the telephone number of johnson white, as this portal wasnt letting me post this thread otherwise)

Attn; Gurpreet Singh,

Through the curriculum vitae/resume of contacted expatriates recommended for the job. Congratulation you have found qualified as one of the expatriates to resume work in office. The organization has appointed you to work as (Software Engineer).

Please note that the above letter attached to this mail is your employment letter, and a copy of it has been forwarded to Consulate General of Canada, for immediate visa endorsement.

WORK PERIODS: Monday to Fridays, Time: 9.30am to 5.30pm with break period between 12.00noon to 2.00pm.

SALARY INDICATION: Monthly take-home Salary (After tax) is USD$ 7,500.00 (Seven Thousand Five Hundred) Salary can be transferred to any Bank or Country of your choice and all transfers must be made in conformity with the existing tax situation in the CANADA. You will be entitled for the following facilities:

ALLOWANCES, PAID HOME LEAVE, SAFETY AND SECURITY, MEDICAL/HEALTH SERVICE FACILITIES AND INSURANCE PLAN FOR FAMILY, FEEDING AND ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORTATION, ADDITIONAL SERVICES, TELECOMMUNICATION/INTERNET FACILITIES, FAMILY STATUS ARRANGEMENTS,

CLAIMS/ENTITLEMENTS.

There will be no interview since this is manpower job where anybody is fit to work excepting at the health and management sector where the organization required at least first-degree holders in job related. Interview on arrival is designed to facilitate a cordial relationship between expatriates and firm as well as the organizational structure with respect to the job scope. Interviews are also designed to ascertain claims on working experiences and academic/educational qualifications, and should any claim be found wanting the affected expatriate would be deported and such done in conformity with the legal provision? Among reasons for interview on arrival is to establish expatriate’s area of interest considering the project scope in order to facilitate an efficient division of labor on Job Locations with respect to the organization structure.

We have mandated a reliable agent who is working with the Consulate General of Canada in India to assure immediate visa processing for all appointed applicant coming from China, India, Middle East and round the Asia to avoid delay causes by visa processing. You are hereby advice at this stage to contact Mr. Johnson White (via email or Tel) by sending a scan copy of your Job Offer Letter/ Your Invitation Latter, a copy of your international passport and a copy of your photograph passport, copy of photo ID for processing of your Visa/relevant travel/immigration documents to enable us ascertain your commitment readiness & willingness to the job take-off.

Due to the sky-scraping number of applicant that we have on our database, all appointed applicants are given (14) days to comply with every requirement demand by the Embassy to get their VISA. Any employees that unable to meet the (14) days deadline given will automatically be disqualified with all personal information deleted from our database for employment.

Contact the agent via e-mail or Tel using the contact details:- Name: Mr. Johnson White E-MAIL: info@vfsglobalvisasupport.com, in VISA/PERMIT Application Centre, VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd, Please very important that you humble yourself before our visa Agent, respect them and follow his instruction to get your visa in due-time to ensure confirmation with our record for immediate delivery of your Air-Ticket together with your Job Offer Letter hard copy direct to the Consulate General of Canada,

Your present location and a day-time telephone number would also be required for sake of efficiency and correspondence. The job programmed Schedule will be made available in due time (no distant time). As a mark of commitment, The Fednav Shipping Company Canada. Will be responsible for Visa fee expenses after your papers clearance with the CIC immigration Canada.

Yours Sincerely,

HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,

It's a scam.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Attn; Gurpreet Singh,

CLAIMS/ENTITLEMENTS.

Yours Sincerely,

HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,

Very obvious fake.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could you please elaborate what made you see its a fake offer, so I can be aware of any future scams too.
Real employers never pay for transportation, accommodations or food.

Also, there are multiple instances of bad language / sentences that don't make sense. For example, "feeding" is not at all a proper use of this word.

Also the fact they are asking you to rush your response is a very standard scammer tactic.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Could you please elaborate what made you see its a fake offer, so I can be aware of any future scams too.
And to add to scylla's post:

A ridiculous salary given as after-tax and in USD.

No company anywhere is going to go through the trouble and expense of hiring a foreign worker without an interview.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you are still in doubt, also want to point out that "12.00noon to 2.00pm. " 2 hours official lunch break is unheard of in Canada. (most office have 30 to 1 hr lunch)
And when has "software engineer" becomes "manpower job where anybody is fit to work ". LOL
Didn't read the whole email but spotted those 2 places. The wordings in general is really weird.