+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this format for Employer Reference letter sufficient?

turb

May 1, 2017
I'm in the process of getting the reference letters from my employers. Below is the format I'm using to prepare the same. Is this format enough for the necessary information that are required by the CIC?

<Company Name and Address>

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to inform that __________ was employed as a ____________ with __________ from ________ to __________. This was a full-time position (more than 40 hours/week) and the annual gross salary at the time of leaving was ____________.

His roles and responsibilities during this time included:-

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

<Manager/HR Name>

<Manager/HR contact details – telephone, email, address>

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
I'm in the process of getting the reference letters from my employers. Below is the format I'm using to prepare the same. Is this format enough for the necessary information that are required by the CIC?

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to inform that __________ was employed as a ____________ with __________ from ________ to __________. This was a full-time position (more than 40 hours/week) and the annual gross salary at the time of leaving was ____________.

Regards,

<Manager/HR Name>

Looks perfect, go ahead. Good luck!

Reactions: turb and iamxty

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

Regards,

<Manager/HR Name>

This should work, as long as it's on letterhead, and as long as you only held one position while you were at that Company. But if you were promoted or moved out of another role at some point, I think CIC wants the letter to state all of the positions you held while you were there, so this prior position would need to be added. The only thing that could make it stronger is if you included a brief summary of some of your more substantial benefits (e.g. health insurance, pension, travelling allowance, etc.).

Reactions: turb

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

Regards,

<Manager/HR Name>

Absolutely perfect this format. Go ahead bro

turb

May 1, 2017
Thanks for your replies. Will go ahead with this format.

Have a follow up question to the subject of claiming points of work experience. If I can show more than 3 years of work-experience from my past employment, do I still have to show a reference letter from my current employer? Or can I simply show my work experience with my current employer in my personal history?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks for your replies. Will go ahead with this format.

Have a follow up question to the subject of claiming points of work experience. If I can show more than 3 years of work-experience from my past employment, do I still have to show a reference letter from my current employer? Or can I simply show my work experience with my current employer in my personal history?
no point in showing more than three. no need for current employer. If you have the three years with reference letters you're good. We had the same case and it saved us the awkwardness of asking current employer for a letter