+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this compulsary?

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
I am confused because, everyone is telling me different thing,
1 is saying u can do and another is saying no you have to do job in same field and than again another one is saying that if you change your province after study and in work permit than you can do any job for an year and can apply for o.r

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Whats the difference betwen them? And which one is better? And what if i do my pgd frm toronto and change provunce in work permit?

HarrySandhu

Nov 29, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chd Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2012
Interview........
no interview
VISA ISSUED...
4-12-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
sourabh32 said:
Is this compulsary to get a job in the same field of our study in wotk permit to apply for p.r?
Hi,

It depends on province you work. In ontario its compulsory to have field job to apply for PR.

and yes you can study and then can move to another province for work. But still check if other province accepts the course done from other province.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
I'm tied right now but the keywords to google are Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program.

Sorry.

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Still so damn confused. Little insecure about the job thing, bcuz i want to confirm this before i come that i can do job in anyfield after my course.
Every person telling me the diff. thing and even person living in canada are telling me same and. Some of them are saying u can do any job

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Here is the one for the CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

As for the provincial nominee program, it depends on what province you are in. What province are you in anyway? We'll go from there.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Alright, which province will you be going to? You're probably confused because each province have different PNP requirements.

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sir its like my course of graphic design is in red river college in winnipeg, and also in seneca or sheridan and i want to do course from toront and after that its like to move to manitoba, actly i want to get p.r. as soon as possible as well no job problm of same field.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Well, according to Manitoba's PNP site : http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/mpnp-news/

You have to have been working in Manitoba for a Manitoba employer for 1 year to apply for their PNP.
I haven't found anything that says your program must be related to your job. But I could be wrong.

For Canadian Experience Class, your job, from what I recall MUST be related to your program, furthermore it must be NOC 0, A, B which is listed in the site I posted earlier, I believe.

Look, the safest thing for you is to find employment in a job related to your program, but there must be a reason why you're asking this...

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Bit worried about the jobs of this field, as m already doing an animation diploma from india, there is no good job scope of them, that is why i dnt wanna take any chances

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Why not google jobs in animaton in Manitoba and see how much they pop up?

At the very least, can't you land a job in advertising?