+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this an application return worthy mistake ?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Nothing for me yet! My application was received on Oct 18 though, so I am not expecting it just yet. I'm staying reassured that we will be ok and complete based on that reply from IRCC :)
I hope so! I will report here whatever happens to my application.

Reactions: natk

bojoi7

Jun 1, 2018
Ontario
I know this is an old thread but I committed the same mistake on my application. Did all of you get your AOR? I was really stressing about it today after realizing my mistake until someone shared this thread. Hopefully mine won’t be returned.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I know this is an old thread but I committed the same mistake on my application. Did all of you get your AOR? I was really stressing about it today after realizing my mistake until someone shared this thread. Hopefully mine won’t be returned.
It won't be returned. I made the mistake and taking oath next week.

qwert97

Sep 14, 2017
It won't be returned. I made the mistake and taking oath next week.
I have been following few threads and some of the reason for returns are absolutely ridiculous so basically it depends upon the agent. We had one case where he didn't include both sides of driving license. In another case he did not put the tick so they just returned his application. All he needed to do was to put a tick and send it back. The issue with return is that you have to get back in the queue afresh and end up wasting two months. I really wish they would accept the application and keep it pending until the error is corrected. So in the case of return where back side of DL was not included, someone can just upload a copy of other side of document. They waste time and taxpayers money returning the application and then u have to send it back by courier yet again!!

I sincerely hope yours is not returned.

Reactions: qorax

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have been following few threads and some of the reason for returns are absolutely ridiculous so basically it depends upon the agent. We had one case where he didn't include both sides of driving license. In another case he did not put the tick so they just returned his application. All he needed to do was to put a tick and send it back. The issue with return is that you have to get back in the queue afresh and end up wasting two months. I really wish they would accept the application and keep it pending until the error is corrected. So in the case of return where back side of DL was not included, someone can just upload a copy of other side of document. They waste time and taxpayers money returning the application and then u have to send it back by courier yet again!!

I sincerely hope yours is not returned.
Application won't be returned for the reasons mentioned on this thread. I know of more than 10 cases, including mine, all made the same error, and application was accepted because at least one box was checked, and the table following the check boxes made it clearer.

Scanning both sides of an ID is a must. Also, you're right, several applications do get returned for missing check marks, however those are for questions like whether you've held a SIN, failing to provide the SIN, or consent for IRCC to retrieve CBSA records etc, because IRCC cannot process the application unless that information is provided to them.

bojoi7

Jun 1, 2018
Ontario
Application won't be returned for the reasons mentioned on this thread. I know of more than 10 cases, including mine, all made the same error, and application was accepted because at least one box was checked, and the table following the check boxes made it clearer.

Scanning both sides of an ID is a must. Also, you're right, several applications do get returned for missing check marks, however those are for questions like whether you've held a SIN, failing to provide the SIN, or consent for IRCC to retrieve CBSA records etc, because IRCC cannot process the application unless that information is provided to them.
This is what I thought too and as long as there is no gap in your 5 year eligibility period. The instruction is really misleading as well, to check all that applies to you.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015

This person have got AOR though without returning application although as qwert97 said " We had one case where he didn't include both sides of driving license"

> In my case everything was good only I forgot to add both side of my ID card. They returned my application. Even though it's not a big mistake. I agree with qwert97 IRCC could request for the doc is missing since its not major mistake. I would accepted my application returned if I'm missing something, but why the same thing happens to someone else it worked. Ii is totally frustrating. I am not blaming why this person got AOR. I don't wish it happen to others like me. It's painful to wait another 8 weeks to get AOR.

>I have seen another case copied from July applicant "
"Bad news. Just had my application returned stating physical presence calculator print out is missing. There was nothing missing from the application the item they sent it back (my physical presence print out) was in there - so frustrating. They must have missed it! with a rejection stating that I had not included one. It was clearly an absolute mess up by immigration. I was stunned. I am so gutted, my husband couldn't believe it either when I opened the returned pack and third document in was the Physical presence calculator. To be honest I am now just starting again. Gutted.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
This person have got AOR though without returning application although as qwert97 said " We had one case where he didn't include both sides of driving license"

> In my case everything was good only I forgot to add both side of my ID card. They returned my application. Even though it's not a big mistake. I agree with qwert97 IRCC could request for the doc is missing since its not major mistake. I would accepted my application returned if I'm missing something, but why the same thing happens to someone else it worked. Ii is totally frustrating. I am not blaming why this person got AOR. I don't wish it happen to others like me. It's painful to wait another 8 weeks to get AOR.

>I have seen another case copied from July applicant "
"Bad news. Just had my application returned stating physical presence calculator print out is missing. There was nothing missing from the application the item they sent it back (my physical presence print out) was in there - so frustrating. They must have missed it! with a rejection stating that I had not included one. It was clearly an absolute mess up by immigration. I was stunned. I am so gutted, my husband couldn't believe it either when I opened the returned pack and third document in was the Physical presence calculator. To be honest I am now just starting again. Gutted.
Unfortunately, the document completion checks are done by a human. They're not perfect and some may overlook a mistake such as forgetting to include one side of a document. I would say the person who got AOR was extremely lucky, because almost always applications are returned for this mistake.